duncan's songs on anathema gigs. never again?

John Carvajal said:
but vincent's reconnect kicks a** !!! :hotjump: , have they sometime played it live??

i don't think so! but:

Sopel said:
the only songs duncan wrote completely alone are : shroud of false, empty, lost control, alternative 4, feel, regret, eternity part i&ii&iii and far away.
bold ones are the songs they used to play live. 4-5 songs. anathema has plenty of songs more, and new ones are coming soon. so... i think we haven't too many reasons to complain.

back in 1998 they used to play alternative 4 too, and even eternity pt1 if i well remember (?)

Regret and Fragile Dreams are my two favorites on A4, so I guess that works out fine.

I gotta agree here. If I had left a band for whatever the fuckin' reason was, and they were playing songs that I SOLELY wrote on my own, I would kinda like to keep those to myself, that's only fair. The fact that he doesn't really care about songs they co-wrote is unselfish and generous. Most musicians are assbites when they leave a band, so it could have been much, much worse.

thrashmetal78 said:
Regret and Fragile Dreams are my two favorites on A4, so I guess that works out fine.

I gotta agree here. If I had left a band for whatever the fuckin' reason was, and they were playing songs that I SOLELY wrote on my own, I would kinda like to keep those to myself, that's only fair. The fact that he doesn't really care about songs they co-wrote is unselfish and generous. Most musicians are assbites when they leave a band, so it could have been much, much worse.

Nice one. Its refreshing to see someone talking (typing) sense. *phew*

Trashmetal78 is right...

Sometimes you put your heart & soul in song, and you don't want to see this song played by other guys, even if they are your friends... It's a sort of "rape"...

For my band, i wrote some personnal lyrics, and I don't want to see someone else sing it later...

It reminds me Life Of Agony, whan Whitfield Crane joined the band, he couldn't sing every song, because some Keith Caputo's stuffs were too personnal... like "Let's pretend" for instance, where he talked about his mother's overdose when he was still a kid... proper doom lyrics by the way... :ill:

Thortyir said:
It reminds me Life Of Agony, whan Whitfield Crane joined the band, he couldn't sing every song, because some Keith Caputo's stuffs were too personnal... like "Let's pretend" for instance, where he talked about his mother's overdose when he was still a kid... proper doom lyrics by the way... :ill:

All LOA's lyrics are kinda depressive anyway. Keith's ones were really touching but I used to dig more Alan's lyrics. Keith had only one subject in his mind when he wrote for LOA : his mother's death and his fucked up family etc... Maybe I could relate to Alan's lyrics more.

i think angelica should be an anathema instrumental and on the antimatter gigs mick can say the lyrics in style under some noises:Smug:

the fact is that the best anathema-dunc song eternity1 is(will?)never played one way or another:ill: