Dungeon DVD (Discussion moved from the other thread)

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
MetalWarriorSteve said:
Hey Spiff, what you think of me does not bother me. I do what I do and will continue to do so. So that's the way you handle yourself when you disagree with someone, is it? Tell it to me when you see me. I'd like to to look me in the eye when you do so. The Metal Warriors video show has not changed it's format since 1997 so the Dungeon DVD is no different. Peter, Magz and myself have hosted them and now Simon and in future, there will be girlies too.

Spiff, the tool is YOU!
I haven't seen the Dungeon DVD yet, but now I'm confused.

Is it a Dungeon DVD or is it like a "Metal Warrior Video Dungeon Special"?

I have no idea.. :(

I am still yet to read a single review of the thing so I'm assuming that's either because no one owns it, or they have nothing good to say about it. :confused:

Tim does this weird vocal thing in ressurection that kind of freaked me out at first. He sounded like halford on painkiller(read: a parrot)when he sung "they tried to tear us down"

Steve also had a wardrobe change, which freaked me out too. He was wearing a mesh shirt, and you know my stance on mesh shirts.

There was also a really bad segue about mobile phones in order to use Call Me on the dvd.

I give it a 7 justin timberlakes out of 10.

OK, the DVD is indeed a Dungeon release, not a MW special or anything like that. However a lot of the behind the scenes stuff was explained and intro'd by Steve, who was also on tour with us and appears in it.

Dunno what the deal is with reviews - everyone who has it so far seems to like it from what we hear, but it's not really out there as much as, say, our usual releases review-wise.

And yes, there's a lot of Halford-isms in the vocals on this for some reason! HAHA! Go figure! :p

It is quite entertaining. Who ever had the camera is a champion, the guys are talking as they are walking down the street, and the camera just ignores them and zooms in on chicks.

Which then leads to my next question:

So what does the format of the Metal Warriors video show and that fact that it hasn't changed for 8 years got to do with it? Or am I missing something somewhere?

KoichCPA said:
Who ever had the camera is a champion, the guys are talking as they are walking down the street, and the camera just ignores them and zooms in on chicks.
:hotjump: Ace!

Wenda said:
*sigh* It's on my list of things to be written. :(
If you get the chance, that would be great.

Steve produced and compiled the DVD so I'm guessing it's got his "flavour" on it. But being a Dungeon release also, we had quite a lot of input into how it ended up too, so it's not really a typical MW release as such.

Quite a lot of the regulars who appear in MW videos are in the DVD because they're crew as well. So yeah, it's sorta both but more a Dungeon release than anything else.

phlogiston said:
Wait a minute....

Just what exactly do you mean by "flavour on it"?
When anyone edits or produces something, such as a DVD, they're gonna be putting their own spin on what gets included or the sequence of events, etc. If we did all of the production ourselves, it would be a lot different to if Steve did everything himself.

Now, Steve did all of the editing and decision making when putting it all together, then we came along and suggested the stuff we wanted changed (that could be changed) and it bounced back and forth until we came up with something we were all happy with.

So yeah, it's got a lot of the feel of a MW video in some ways because Steve had a big hand in its creation but it's also got a lot of ideas of ours thrown in also.

As far as places to get it, JB HiFi is the best place to grab it, but also Metal Mayhem, Utopia, etc. If it's not in, get them to order it - it's distributed through Modern Invasion like all of our other stuff...

I know. That was actually a cheap, smutty double entendre. Actually, it might have only been a single entendre. Don't worry LT, I wouldn't expect someone as pure and innocent as you to pick it up. :)

Unless you *did* get it but are ignoring it to make me look like a fool.

Nah....