Ease the sphincter folks...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Yes, we are going to have some shitty weather. However, the show will go on.

1. It will be a tropical storm by the time it hits Atlanta. That means 35-70 mph winds and heavy rain. That is also assuming that we get a 100% direct hit by the eye. The further away it is, the less wind we get. If you check the latest computer models, it is looking better all the time.

2. Rain is not a concern at all. We are on a hill.

3. The bands are schedule to arrive on Thursday BEFORE the storm hits. The headliners for Friday are driving so they will 100% be there even if they don't get in until the next day. As of now, the storm will not even be near us till Friday.

4. Yes, I can see some flight delays on Friday due to wind. I could even see the aiport shutting down for a few hours. However, the minute the wind slows, it will reopen. Atlanta is an international airport and they do not shut down for long. Period.

5. There are no replacement bands, but I will reschedule bands as needed on Saturday if it gets truly bad. It could be one long fucking day of music with set times being adjusted as necessary.

6. Midtown Atlanta is the best place in the world to be. Even if the power goes down, we are in the one place that gets fixed faster than anywhere else. If we have to go all night, we will go all fucking night.

I am truly sorry for those that are going to have trouble traveling. However, the show will go on regardless of whether there are 100 people or 1000 people. There will be no refunds if you can't make it or one of the bands pulls out at the last second. If did that, then it would be the end of ProgPower USA forever.

Relax folks. We will be ok. Just get in early if you can.

Glenn H.

i'm comforted in the fact that i'll lose some big bucks on this should my flight get cancelled. i'm so happy... :(

i'm just whining, don't mind me. i understand that glenn has no control of the weather (DAMMIT!)... ah, hopefully i'll be able to make it, but it's not looking too promising.

flight.jpg

I have a 4 hour window from when my plane is due in atlanta and when into eternity hits stage so if any delays, just watch out for the heavily tattooed boy sprinting from the marta to his hotel and then to the earthlink. :Spin:

Thanks Glenn for the 'local perspective' on this situation. The flight delays are really my only concern, but hopefully, that's understandable. I usually drive to out of town concert events. I'm fully aware of your dedication and commitment to this event and getting it off without a hitch regardless. Hellz, it'd be an 'Unplugged' show if the power was off!! LOL!

Thinking about it, it's kinda \m/ that we're gathering for this event despite the adverse conditions. The show must go on!!! 'I survived..." shirts would be a hit! ;) I wonder if one of the bands will cover the Scorpions classic...Rock you like a Hurricane! LOL!

Harvester said:
ummm, not sweet. it's looking more and more like i'm not going to make progpower. new orleans international airport will most likely shut down... i seriously doubt they'd be flying anything straight through that crap to atlanta on thursday :cry::cry:

If they cancel you, they should be able to put you on the first available flight on Friday morning (even the 0700 one). Also, remember that flights do not necessarily take the direct route. The storm could be circumvented on Fri morning very easily.

Glenn H.

Soul_Schizm said:
Wait a minute. You are in NEW ORLEANS and you're worried about a flight?!?

Rent a car! I'm probably going to drive from Milwaukee if my flight is cancelled!

As my tour manager used to say, "Make it happen!" :hotjump:
unfortunately, i'm not made of money.

Sweet. This is gonna be one metal event, I mean cmon, whats more metal than alot of long and frizzed out hair on tons of people, HA! Im relieved that my friends Im meeting on Thursday at the Airport wont be affected really, theyre both coming from the NE, Vermont, and Virginia and it looks like all theyll get if anything is some wiener winds.

Ben

I've been checking The Weather Channel website every 8 hours or so, each time I check Ivan moves farther west. Looks like my flight on Thursday should be ok. I've been very concerned about my flight being unable to land, but as it looks now, I'm more concerned with fog delaying my takeoff. I'll just have to wait and see.

I hope everyone can make it and I hope that those who get caught in Ivan's path are safe.

As always Glenn, you are The Man.

Do have to say that as opposed to a day ago, this new track isn't perfect but I like it and I'll take what I can get. Sorry Alabama. But I want my damn concert....

Im in New Orleans as well, I was planning on driving, but that is out. I am missing the show and are out 100 bucks....

Not everyone can afford to jump on any flight friday morning. Most of New Orleans is being evacuated, so I dont think anyone from New Orleans to Mobile is making the show.

Kurt

Dude, it's like an 8-hour drive from NOLA here. Hell, I made it in less in March. I drove home after BWBK last year, 10 hours, on no sleep.

C'mon, you guys can do it! Quit being pantywaists! I've got faith in ya.

Shaye