EBS - Destroying The World EP Release Party

Doors will open at 8PM and then ShadowMatter should take the stage at 8:30PM sharp. And this is one debut I am anxiously awaiting! :kickass:
Right on! I hope the Falcons win, but win or lose, the concert is gonna kick ass! That's a sure thing! You always promote the best local show, Hoyt, and we thank ya for it!:worship:rock::kickass:

It was worth the initial drive through 1/8th-mile visibility fog (at most) to get there! :headbang:

I'll check the videos out tomorrow and see if they're decent at all. For now, muzt...sleep.... :)

Thank you so much everyone that came out to make this night as good as it was!
Patrick, you and EbS kicked so much ass last night I can still hardly believe it. It was a glorious dream that became a vivid, unforgettable, and triumphant reality. Thanks for the warm birthday wishes and your public gratitude for my support of the band from the stage last night, right before you played my fave song by y'all-TO THE KING!. :worship: You'll never know how much that means to me and you guys have my eternal support and gratitude for being the class acts that you are and for rocking my metal world n general. BTW, Destroying The World kicks total ass! 11/10:worship:kickass::headbang: It was well worth the wait!

It was worth the initial drive through 1/8th-mile visibility fog (at most) to get there! :headbang:

I'll check the videos out tomorrow and see if they're decent at all. For now, muzt...sleep.... :)
It was great seeing you at the show last night, man. That also goes for all the forum regulars here that I got to talk with last night. Thanks so much for helping me keep the local metal scene alive, with the help of all the great bands in the area. All 4 bands last night kicked total ass! In fact, this was my favorite local show EVER!:worship:kickass::headbang:

Sorry to have missed the show Patrick and Hoyt!! Donna and I were late coming in from Destin thanks to the hellish fog and thunderstorms we experienced on the way up and didn;t make it obviously. Still want to get the EP though if we can. I hate we missed the show. We love EbS.

Yes, the show was spectacular, start to finish from all bands involved! :headbang:

ShadowMatter opened the night's festivities with some great progressive metal. Their style proved to be melodic and ambient, very catchy and hooky, reminiscent at times of middle years Queensryche. Great stuff! I was proud to have them on stage last night and I look forward to working with them again soon!

Series Overkill were... well, they were the oddballs of the night. They are heavily influenced by Lamb of God, All That Remains, and similar modern thrash/death metal bands. So while they still retained a fair amount of the crowd, many folks took that time to grab a smoke break or some dinner. But in their defense, Series Overkill are some of the most energetic, entertaining performers of their style in the metro Atlanta area. I can see them opening for the national touring bands of their genre in the near future.

Tetrarch never ceases to entertain. Their Metallica/Trivium style of modern metal always gets the crowd pumped. I've had the pleasure of watching these young musicians develop into a mature, solid metal band over the past two years. They will be going somewhere... and soon.

Eclipsed By Sanity... what's to be said that hasn't already been stated time and time again? They are as close to the top of their game as they can get. They are so ready to break out, it isn't funny anymore. And last night's show put the exclamation point on that. Debuting two new songs, and playing their entire catalog wasn't enough. They got by with a little help from their friends, too.
From the opening trilogy with guest rhythm guitars of original band member Jeremy Sherrer to guest drummer Josh Street to guest vocals by Josh Fore (Tetrarch) and Dan Cantrell (Sump 'n' Fierce) to the grand finale of a four-guitar harmonization of their classic song Patriot featuring members of Series Overkill, Eclipsed By Sanity tore the roof off the Local Venue! :kickass:

I've said it before, and I must say it here again: if you missed it, you fucking missed it! But I'll be nice and post some pictures as soon as my wife downloads them.

Thanks to everyone who could make it out... Clay and his friends, Keith Lawley (DragonKLaw), Sean & Pam, James & Kathy, Jim Pridgen, Paul Cashman, Bryan, Chris from Brazen Angel, Esa Ahola, Jim and Shari, and probably a few others I'm blanking on right now (sorry).

It was great to see Matt Smith and Jon Hinds of Theocracy in house. Zane Matthews from Halcyon Way made it out. I appreciate your assistance with the prize drawing. Thanks bro!

And last but not least Rich Ward of Stuck Mojo was in attendance. :kickass:

Thanks again to everyone who has supported Eclipsed By Sanity for any amount of the past two years, as well as supporting your local Atlanta metal scene. I hope to see many of you this coming Friday night as Halcyon Way destroys The Vinyl. You all know how to find The Vinyl, so excuses will not be accepted! :Smug: :heh:

It was great seeing you at the show last night, man. That also goes for all the forum regulars here that I got to talk with last night. Thanks so much for helping me keep the local metal scene alive, with the help of all the great bands in the area. All 4 bands last night kicked total ass! In fact, this was my favorite local show EVER!:worship:kickass::headbang:

You too clay! I'm so glad we both finally met & talked a bit! Cool Beans! You LOVE Hammerfall too!!! Another one of my faves too bro!!!:kickass:
Anywho, take care bro, hopefully we'll see you again real soon! (We'll be @ HW & GWC this friday btw! :D) And hey Hoyt, & EBS, THANK YOU to you all!!! Y'all seriously kicked some major serious ass last night!!!! :headbang:
And I LOVE "To The King" as well!!! Great Show! Tetrarch totally blew me away & just SLAYED me right there!!! sorry we missed the other 2 bands. :(

Great show, great times. Tetrarch fucking BLEW ME AWAY! Extremely impressed with this band! Eclipsed by Sanity was excellent as well. I didn't feel like the show "flowed" as well as it could have with all the guest appearances, but since it was their night to shine, I understand. Still realy enjoyed it. The CD sounds great.

Happy to see Hoyt, Patrick, Clay, and everyone else! Hoyt, you really are the man in putting together these local shows.

Here's a big Thanks to EBS for letting us get on the bill for that show!
Thanks to everyone who came out, and I hope everyone enjoyed ShadowMatter!

Thanks to all for coming out!
It was meant to be a night for the fans hence the best local bands we could find being on the bill, the guest performances, the Raffles, the surprises, the Uber long set and all of that crazy stuff we had put together for you all.
I hope that we succeeded in making it a good "fan's night", after all we owe it all to you guys.

And to all the bands, thanks.
We have known most every member of all the bands that played for a long time and I would consider any of them my dear friends.

And also I want to make sure that Hoyt and Kieth know that I appreciate all they have for us all. I guess just as a you guys should know kind of thing.

Hell yeah! :kickass:

Saturday night was great. Shadowmatter, I had been looking forward to hearing them for some time now. They did not disappoint at all. Series Overkill, as usual, put on a good performance. Although not a huge fan of that vocal style, the music kicks ass. Tetrarch- WOW! These guys (and gal) continue to get better every time I see them. They definitely know how to command a crowd and keep them entertained. And Eclipsed By Sanity. Once again another good ass kicking. Even though the guest appearances broke up the flow of the set just a bit, it was still pretty damn entertaining. After all, it was a party. It all definitely came together for a hell of a night. Too bad for those that were not able to make it out.

Do what you can to support the local scene. These bands as well as Hoyt work their asses of to put on one hell of a show for all of us. If you are unable to make it out for an event, do what you can to make sure others know about it and encourage them to attend. There is still a lot of work to do to get the local metal scene to the level that it deserves to be. And in the future can we as a crowd get just a little more enthusiastic and energetic for these bands. The past couple of shows, the fans have seemed to me just a little bit mellow. Especially for a metal crowd.

Here's a big Thanks to EBS for letting us get on the bill for that show!
Thanks to everyone who came out, and I hope everyone enjoyed ShadowMatter!

I certainly did...it was great seeing a prog-metal band, which is pretty rare. Jim P. and I both agreed that, "hey, this guy really CAN sing!" I liked the off-meter stuff and changeups, too. :kickass:

I guess my only suggestion would be to work on y'all's overall stage presence, but heck, since this was only your second show ever, that's understandable. :)

l_98da00de90224b85af7c5d4c4c549804.jpg

RETURNS FRIDAY MARCH 13th to THE LOCAL VENUE

(full song)

(clip of an 8-minute epic)

Last edited by a moderator:
You too clay! I'm so glad we both finally met & talked a bit! Cool Beans! You LOVE Hammerfall too!!! Another one of my faves too bro!!!:kickass:
Anywho, take care bro, hopefully we'll see you again real soon! (We'll be @ HW & GWC this friday btw! :D) And hey Hoyt, & EBS, THANK YOU to you all!!! Y'all seriously kicked some major serious ass last night!!!! :headbang:
And I LOVE "To The King" as well!!! Great Show! Tetrarch totally blew me away & just SLAYED me right there!!! sorry we missed the other 2 bands. :(
Right on, Jimi! It was so awesome to meet you and your girlfriend at the show! It is always the coolest thing in the world to meet someone who's fave band is also IRON MAIDEN! Tetrarch kicked all kinds of NWOBHM ass, did they not?!:worship:rock::kickass: I have seen you at other shows and I'm glad we were finally properly introduced! See ya agin soon, bro! LET THE HAMMER FALL!:kickass: