Edguy....

Icarus

Shamone
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane Australia
Visit site
Is it just me or are these guys rrrrreeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyy over rated.

I mean some songs are kinda ok...but I dunno. Lots of people also say the singer sounds alot like bruce...I just dont hear the similarities.

Sonata Arctica now theres a great power metal band!!!!!!!!! :D

EDGUY ARE 100X BETTER THAN SONATA ARCTICA!!!!!

Hahahaha... I count Sonata as one of the many UNpower metal bands, to use Tim's terminology there hahaha. And the singer's accent is REALLY annoying!

Edguy are awesome... slashing guitar work, lots of speed, great choruses, fun metal spirit, and the singer is awesome and does have lots of similarities to Bruce!

Their only problem is they have a tendancy to include too many ballads. Piano ballads on metal albums are boring and suck. Roses To No One is a great Edguy ballad though.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SONATA ARCTICA???

Oh, and I've heard two Edguy albums - Vain Glory Opera and the second one, whatever it's called. Both great, but I prefer the second one.

And Sonata Arctica rock the hizouse, and that's all I've got to say about that...

I have two Edguy albums (got em both cheap) and I must say that they are the cheesiest, most overblown heap of shite I've heard in some time. For me they're all that can be wrong with power metal! Sonata shit on em! ;)

The Edguy vocalist is annoying as all get out - I wish these Euro-prats would get off their Kiske imitation bandwagons once and for all!! I mean, if you're going to imitate someone, imitate someone who doesn't suck! :p

Originally posted by Mark
The Edguy vocalist is annoying as all get out - I wish these Euro-prats would get off their Kiske imitation bandwagons once and for all!! I mean, if you're going to imitate someone, imitate someone who doesn't suck! :p

oooh 'dem are fightin words.

Haha yes Rhapsody are cheesy, but they shit on Edguy. Not half as wanky. And Hammerfall do almost take the honours as the kings of cheese!

I think Rhapsody are alot wankier... and alot cheesier haha! Any band who labels themselves "Symphonic Epic Hollywood Power Metal" wins the trophy for cheese in my book! Haha!

However cheesiness can be good...

ManOwaR !!!!! \m/

:headbang: