EFFF UUUUU Jazz owns my face.

LOLZ at James pimping Henderson ..... I sooo knew that was coming ...lol

Scott is sick for sure, but I will always be a DiMeola guy. The Holdsworth / Henderson / Scofield type of thing isn't what I am into, nothing against them as guitar players as they are all great, but just not the style I am into. I am more of a return to forever kind of guy when it comes to that stuff. But Pizzarelli is sick, hes very clean and very articulate honestly Jazz is the epitome of CLEAN technique for sure, but there are quite a few metal guys that I think with a little studying could play it brilliantly! Gilbert for one as his technique is flawless.

LOLZ at James pimping Henderson ..... I sooo knew that was coming ...lol

Scott is sick for sure, but I will always be a DiMeola guy. The Holdsworth / Henderson / Scofield type of thing isn't what I am into, nothing against them as guitar players as they are all great, but just not the style I am into. I am more of a return to forever kind of guy when it comes to that stuff. But Pizzarelli is sick, hes very clean and very articulate honestly Jazz is the epitome of CLEAN technique for sure, but there are quite a few metal guys that I think with a little studying could play it brilliantly! Gilbert for one as his technique is flawless.

Emil Werstler from Daath is another one, seriously clean player and a huge jazz influence in what he does.

Also Tosin Abasi, but I'm pretty sure he's more of a jazz player than a metal player anyway. :lol:

Loren, you should have been at the Boogie Woogie swing dance I went to a couple months ago. 4 totally killer boogie woogie piano players and a sick guitarist. This clip doesn't show you the guitarist chops, but it certainly shows off what you can do at playing boogie woogie 16 to the bar. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sod all this guitarist bollocks, check the double bass player at 3:39. Give your metal bass player a double bass and say "do that"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NW0OMOobYk&fmt=18[/ame]

^ Greg HOwe definitely BECAME a fusion guitarist on later albums.. but that first , self-titled one, is definitely not fusion.

thread badly needs some dubbed out miles davis

didn't bother reading through the thread, but regarding that video:

sorry, but am i the only one who thinks that his phrasing is pretty much non existant? same speed all the time. sure, some licks are fucking cool, and he can play like a mofo, AND you could say the same think about many many metal "shredders", but then again, wasn't the point of the thread to show that this guy owns metal guitar players?
this guy sounds like the yngwie malmsteen of jazz to me.

i'll take loomis, vai or satriani all day over that one.
but yes, jazz players can play their ass off, no doubt about that. but then again, so can many metal guys.

now that i think about it, alex skolnick does a lot of these jazzy riffs too, but in a cool metal context.

this guy sounds like the yngwie malmsteen of jazz to me.

I agree entirely but if I'd have said it I'd have been called an elitist asshole and chased away with pitchforks and stuff set on fire.
So I posted up some Miles and was done with it. ^_^