Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
http://www.eiosis.com/aireq.html

AirEQ-main-ad_800.jpg

$149, but discounted at $99 until the 1st of December

30 days trial

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have proQ, but I have eQuality so i'll compare them and see if ProQ is still interesting.

From what I can see, my guess is proQ will keep its interest through its ergonomics and pristine clarities, eQuality might not survive the battle, although it is so simple it will probably stay my goto graphical EQ. Another point is AirEQ is ilok 2 protected, so during preprod I will stay away from it like from slate products to be able to open my projects anytime (I work on my laptop)

it seems like you could def do all of this with pro-q 2 but i think this will force a different way of thinking. maybe forcing cooler eq decisions (like changing the character of the eq or even automating the character) . i like the idea of this eq. i wish each band had its own character control though. ill update this with my thoughts on it once i try it.

wait didnt read their site. each band does have its own character adjustment they are just hidden!

i dig it. ill probably buy it before the 99$ period ends. the air band is really cool and adds the special something to the top end like kush audios clariphonic so i could see this being my main eq for vocals and on the drum bus. super smooth when in the water position like id expect analogue eqs to sound. def worth a try

i´m very interested in that low end and high end boost. maybe one of you who still got it can talk a bit about that. sounds awsome - low end boost without rumble and booming. :)

I might get the proQ if ever it has a sale on Black Friday, but there will probably be others before that, and more qualified, which will be able to give their thought about their differences !

Just try it, and really like it. And no Joke, the presets are awesome because the labels on the Freq knobs are awesome. Also the curves are very musical and invite you to add more and more in the air and earth knobs hahahah

sale is til 1.december. I cant compare to Equality..but imo it even kills the Fabfilter Pro Q2 soundwise and in workflow

Thanks. Was never a fan of how FabFilter sounded in comparison to the DMG EQs, but I do love the gui. With Fabrice's reputation, I should probably know enough to just buy this plug in now, but I just built a new $3,500.00+ computer and am afraid to even install this because I know I will fall in love with it. ARGH! :(

It is not comparable because first, It is a different concept of EQ and secondly, the equilibrium and fab proq2 are fucking great. So.... test for yourself to see what it does. Maybe the fab and the air will be a great combo. Plus the Slate vmr hehehe too much EQ for one month...

Just a tiny bit of indo, on gearslutz Fabrice said he is planning on allowing graphical interaction with the curves directly on UI (like Equality or ProQ). They are contemplating releasing the frequency analyzer alone (without the EQ), and he sort of implied in a distant future, he might add other colorations options (read : analogue sounding "modes") to complete its current transparent philosophy. But as of now I'm guessing it would overlap with Slate Digital (which he co-owns) new products so it's probably not gonna happen soon.

One thing I think i'll use a lot is the possibility to hide the curve, so you only mix with the knobs. One of the basic designs of the EQ is that the curves mathematics keep loudness constant in some cases, so when you make the Q vary the perceived loudness is supposed to be the same, it's why it may sound strange at first when playing with the settings, the result should be a bit different to another eQ if you just copy the settings. The idea is to remove the loudness factor from your own judgement in your eq choices. So, this + not seing the curve should be an interesting way to mix only with ears

maybe, finally an EQ that can handle extreme BASS equalizing, muhahahahaha

btw. did fabrice break up with steven to start his own thing or are they still together? :D