Eluveitie Announces US Headlining Tour

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
Swiss melodic-folk-death-metallers ELUVEITIE will embark on a North American headlining tour in February 2011. Support on the trek will come from 3 INCHES OF BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL and SYSTEM DIVIDE.

Commented ELUVEITIE vocalist and mastermind Christian "Chrigel" Glanzmann: "Since we joined AMON AMARTH to support them on their tour in the U.S. last April, we only got to play a shorter set there. So, after touring all over Europe and the U.K. for several months now, it's definitely high time we came back to America with an full setlist. We're really happy and looking forward to finally visiting the U.S. again to rock the living shit out of our fans! We plan on spoiling you with an extended set, an extended stage performance and some surprises! Also, we're proud to present you an absolute killer package, totally under the banner of pure fucking metal! We will return with no less than the Canadian berzerkers of 3 INCHES OF BLOOD, our Californian true metal buddies from HOLY GRAIL, along with SYSTEM DIVIDE, an amazingly talented young melodic death metal band!

"Well, there's not much left to say — horns up for a pure fucking metal massacre! See you there!"

The dates are as follows:

Feb. 01 - Theatre of Living Arts – Philadelphia, PA
Feb. 02 - The Gramercy Theater – New York, NY
Feb. 03 - The Palladium – Worcester, MA
Feb. 04 - Cercle – Quebec City, QC
Feb. 05 - Le National – Montreal, QC
Feb. 06 - The Opera House – Toronto, ON
Feb. 08 - The Bottom Lounge – Chicago, IL
Feb. 09 - Station 4 – Saint Paul, MN
Feb. 10 - Granada Theater – Lawrence, KS
Feb. 11 - Maquis Theater – Denver, CO
Feb. 12 - Club Sound – Salt Lake City, UT
Feb. 14 - El Corazon – Seattle, WA
Feb. 15 - Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver, BC
Feb. 16 - Hawthorne Theatre – Portland, OR
Feb. 17 - Slims – San Francisco, CA
Feb. 18 - The Key Club – Hollywood, CA
Feb. 19 - Nile Theater – Mesa, AZ
Feb. 21 - Backstage Live – San Antonio, TX
Feb. 22 - Warehouse Live – Houston, TX
Feb. 24 - State Theatre – Saint Petersburg, FL
Feb. 25 - Firestone Live – Orlando, FL
Feb. 26 - The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA

"Everything Remains (As It Never Was)", the latest album from ELUVEITIE, sold around 1,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 23 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

I used to like them, but ever since the brothers left, it just isn't the same. Not a bad bill though for this tour; however, I can't say for System Divide who I haven't heard of.

Oooh, last date in Atlanta. We'd better see some silly-string action and some other hi-jinks, or there WILL be trouble. :)

Dolomite S. Biffle said:
I am surprised that Eluveitie is headlining though.

Yeah, it's almost as if endless touring and a lot of hard work put in by a band actually pays off with a headlining tour or something..... :saint:

I used to like them, but ever since the brothers left, it just isn't the same. Not a bad bill though for this tour; however, I can't say for System Divide who I haven't heard of.

I agree.....I lost all interest in this band after they left. I saw them that one time without them and was bored. they were a great part of thier live act.

I actually disagree. While my favorite performance of theirs was their first (with those hairy brothers in the band), when I saw them on the tour with Vreid and others, they put on a fantastically fun show.

I'll try to make it out to that Kansas date. I wish more metal bands would come to this part of the country...

Oh dear lord here we go again.

I'll say this: Eluveitie's recorded output is great. Therefore, my interest in seeing them go from opener to headliner.

3 Inches is a mixed bag for me. It's like Judas Priest for metalcore kids. When I hear the harsh vox (which are not death growls or black metal shrieks), I don't know where their heart is.

But Holy Grail is definitely legit.

System Divide is cool too if you're into the whole melodic death metal thing with some clean female vocals thrown in. While it's certainly nothing groundbreaking, I enjoy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I think 3 INCHES OF BLOOD is great. And that new video HOLY GRAIL put out the other day is awesome - totally awesome!
I'm not a 3 Inches of Blood fan and I'm completely unfamiliar with Holy Grail. I was referring more to drawing power. I would have thought that if Eluveitie was to headline, they would have done so with a second act of near headlining status. Perhaps I'm underestimating 3IoB's drawing power?

I just figured 3IoB would be headlining since they have done tours of the US I just assumed they were bigger, but I guess not.

I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not, haha.

Either way, I would actually also have thought that 3IoB would be the biggest name there ... (of course based on the fact that I like them, and not Eluveitie, hahaha - j/k)

Yeah, it's almost as if endless touring and a lot of hard work put in by a band actually pays off with a headlining tour or something..... :saint:

Wait a second... Eluveitie didn't whore themselves out to every single tour in the country. The reason is because they actually kicked a lot of ass in their first tour, which granted them another three opening spots on tours (two as a direct support). Can't compare them to you know who.

System Divide has Sven from Aborted, Mike from Malignancy, and Miri from Distorted. They're like a heavier chunkier, more "modern metal" version of Lacuna Coil and Chaoswave. I can see alot of you guys digging them if you can get past Sven's vocals.

Also I agree with the 3IOB props. ESPECIALLY live. Man do they bring it.