Emo

I know many people on here probably don't like it, but I can safely say for myself that I listen to plenty of emo bands, and I do enjoy it

Supermoi said:
I used to listen to Thursday a bit but I got tired pretty quick.

I've heard of this emo, and the people associated with it and thats enough for me to dislike it. But I have no clue really what it sounds like or anything

Valtiel said:
I've heard of this emo, and the people associated with it and thats enough for me to dislike it. But I have no clue really what it sounds like or anything

It's basically whining teenage guys. Usually they're heartbroken over some stupid ex-girlfriend. The music is...okay, I guess...but the whiny vocals kill it. "Screamo" is better.

Emo basically means emotional. It doesn't always have to be break up songs, though many of them are. Quite a few of them are political, others and dealing with all sorts of feelings. Some others, such as Coheed and Cambria, write nothing about feelings, but about some crazy science fiction story they created. Metal is much more instrument based, while emo has heavy emphasis on lyrics.

I would like emo except for the fact that it dominates my local music scene, and I get sick of it after awhile

The Grimace said:
God you're fucking dumb.

Go fucking sodomize yourself with a cactus you douche bag!!!!

I told you I haven't had the oppurtunity to listen to any to really know what it sounds like and that makes me dumb???, God your functionally retarded!!!!

Valtiel said:
Go fucking sodomize yourself with a cactus you douche bag!!!!

I told you I haven't had the oppurtunity to listen to any to really know what it sounds like and that makes me dumb???, God your functionally retarded!!!!

That's "God you're functionally retarded"
: /

Any genre of music has lots of bad radio bands. Emo is no exception. I like Thrice (though I consider them softcore hardcore) and can tolerate Brand New, Thursday, and Hawthorne Heighs if I have to. Coheed in Cambria, Newfound Glory, Dashboard Confessional, and the like I dislike with passion.

AlphaTemplar said:
Any genre of music has lots of bad radio bands. Emo is no exception. I like Thrice (though I consider them softcore hardcore
Older Thrice is pretty good. Its hardcore with some metal influences. Some of their older songs also had some real nice european style melodies. I dont care for their newer stuff though

I like underoath as well, though they are hardcore. Much of their older stuff is fucking heavy, they'd blend in perfectly with the metalcore scene

i'm a straightedge hardcore kid, but i listen to a lot of emo...
too bad crap like the used give bands like thursday, and flood of red a bad name...

i fucking hate the used...
they're not even fucking emo...