Emperor's New Album

Xilbalba

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2001
Visit site
So what do you guys think of Prometheus? It took me a few listens, however a lot of really really good metal does, sometimes not though. Anyways, their way ahead of their time. Talk about metal 2006. It's competely changed my perception of music once again, just as Opeth did etc. Just wondering what others though cause I haven't heard much talk about it. While it think it's one of the best albums ever written.

Prometheus is single handedly the greatest peice of music I have ever purchased.

It is the best album of all time.

I have seriously listened to the album at least 120 times. At very least.

And In songs like The Eruptions, or empty, or Tongue of Fire, or He Sought The Fire, I nearly piss my pants..

I still listen to it and jump around the room. Or I might lie down and listen to it, pulling apart the complex rythms and riffs, letting them flow into my head in peices and as a whole.

The lyrics, and story are simply complelliong. The technique and skill of the members using there instruments is flawless, and the music is technical and infinitly complex, yet it still retains a huge amount of emotion. The album feels complete, doesn't finish too early or too late.

Ihsahns vocals, though a little difficult to get used to at the start, are fantastic, and his guitar playing is remarkable. His little stretches and tricky things mind bending.

Samoths backing is phenominal, and ihsahn and samoth switch rolls, and create amazing cadences (sp??) and weave in and out of each other with there melodies.

Tryms drumming is some of the most amazing drumming I've heard, complex patterns, fast and slow, and huge pounding fils that I turn up just to hear them.

And then it all fits together wonderfully, orchestrated, organised, yet organic. It's um.. yeah,... damn good.

Should I shut up??

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Prometheus is single handedly the greatest peice of music I have ever purchased.

It is the best album of all time.

I have seriously listened to the album at least 120 times. At very least.

And In songs like The Eruptions, or empty, or Tongue of Fire, or He Sought The Fire, I nearly piss my pants..

I still listen to it and jump around the room. Or I might lie down and listen to it, pulling apart the complex rythms and riffs, letting them flow into my head in peices and as a whole.

The lyrics, and story are simply complelliong. The technique and skill of the members using there instruments is flawless, and the music is technical and infinitly complex, yet it still retains a huge amount of emotion. The album feels complete, doesn't finish too early or too late.

Ihsahns vocals, though a little difficult to get used to at the start, are fantastic, and his guitar playing is remarkable. His little stretches and tricky things mind bending.

Samoths backing is phenominal, and ihsahn and samoth switch rolls, and create amazing cadences (sp??) and weave in and out of each other with there melodies.

Tryms drumming is some of the most amazing drumming I've heard, complex patterns, fast and slow, and huge pounding fils that I turn up just to hear them.

And then it all fits together wonderfully, orchestrated, organised, yet organic. It's um.. yeah,... damn good.

Should I shut up??

No, keep on talking...:lol:

Seriously, it is an amazing album. It may be the best "final" album produced by a band that I have ever heard. To think that there are people who would rather listen that crap on mtv...:mad:

I bought the album a week ago. As the others have said, it really
takes some 5-6 listens to get used to it. Now I think it´s a stunning album. I have heard that IX Equilibrium is even better.
Is it so? I have never heard the album...

Personally, I think it's their best yet...

Reasons:

1. The production is the best it has ever been. You can hear Trym's drums without Ihsahn's voice overpowering them.
2. The guitars have more bass in them. In former albums, the guitars are too trebbly (is that a word?) and sound immature.
3. It's the heaviest. hehe

Promethus did not take me long at all to get used to it has a lot of the same vibes as Anthems... and IX Equilibrium. Emperor defintity goes out on a big bang with this album but I could not call it their best because I think all of their albums are equal. But my favorite Emperor track of all time is off of Promethus and that would be In the Wordless Chamber I love everything about that track especialy the keyboards and his vocals and it has the coolest ending with the guitars and everything.

It's incoherent tripe. Emperor haven't had an idea of their own since 1994, and this album is the worst yet. A riff ganked from Morbid Angel here, a passage lifted from Dissection there, maybe a little Opeth thrown in for good measure. No creativity, no continuity, no menace, no fire; nothing but masturbatory schlock for the easily amused.

Originally posted by Armageddon's Child
It's incoherent tripe. Emperor haven't had an idea of their own since 1994, and this album is the worst yet. A riff ganked from Morbid Angel here, a passage lifted from Dissection there, maybe a little Opeth thrown in for good measure. No creativity, no continuity, no menace, no fire; nothing but masturbatory schlock for the easily amused.

give me a break dude. this album is great. they dont steal from morbid or opeth so i dont know what your talking about. if you actually sit down and listen to this album it is great. may not be their best but its damn fuckin good. I still think anthems is their best but this album probably comes in second if not in the nightside eclipse.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn

give me a break dude. this album is great. they dont steal from morbid or opeth so i dont know what your talking about. if you actually sit down and listen to this album it is great. may not be their best but its damn fuckin good. I still think anthems is their best but this album probably comes in second if not in the nightside eclipse.

If you sit down and listen to it, you can clearly hear them borrowing from all of the above. Nonetheless, my initial post was a bit on the asshole side. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon, and I'm patently sick of all the praise the record has received. I will endeavor in the future to reign in my somewhat compulsive contrariness.

Originally posted by Armageddon's Child

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon, and I'm patently sick of all the praise the record has received. I will endeavor in the future to reign in my somewhat compulsive contrariness.

Your acidic comments seem to be appearing with alarming regularity at the moment...

However, I feel that the Emperor album is amazing also. In fact, one of the best of all time. It just has an aura about it; something special.

My housemate and I downloaded the 'Empty' video before we both purchased the album, and neither of us knew what we had in store.....