Empiricism

StorTroll

So far, so good, so not!
Sep 15, 2001
Espoo, Finland
I don´t know if this thread has been sent before, but...What do you think of the new Borknagar album, Empiricism? I think they
are surprisingly good this time. There´s goddamn many cool vocal
hooks and guitar melodies...The drums and bass shine too, not to mention keyboards. Another thing I find positive is that they don´t try to be too "black metal" all the time. Varied stuff.

It´s a damn good album! Vintersorg vocals is amazing, probably his best ever. The songs are brilliant, just listen to Gods Of My World. I love the last minutes of that song. First the acoustic guitar and Tyrs bassplaying and then Vintersorgs vocals.

svenske kocken, you´re probably talking about that part some
2:50 into the song which reminds me of Orchid and Morningrise stuff by Opeth. The acoustics, especially bass guitar.
I hope to see them to play live here in Finland. Fuck...I missed
them last time when they visited here in March.:(

The only thing I can see wrong with this album after two listens is that "Matter and Motion" is far too short :) impressive work by Vintersorg, he has yet to do something I don't like. Probably will be my favorite Bork album but I will need to listen to it more times before I can say that.

Motion and matter is a great songs and adds a bit of variety to the album.... although four element synchronicity is the best song off the album.. if it weren't for the horrible screaming vocals.. the album would be actually pleasant to listen to!

Quoted from myself, from the Vintersorg board :D

well to be honest, I was really disapointed the first time I heard trough Empiricism... 'cuz it was missing something, and u know what that something was? it was Simen! probably Simen wil never return to Borknagar, wich is sad. :cry:
I have ben a Borknagar fan longer than I have ben a Vintersorg fan, so it was a real down when Simen left..
but anyways back to the the Empiricism album; but on the second hearing the album was GREAT! haha
I have never gone trough such a change with apinion on a album in such a short while :D
Vintersorg does a really good jobb on the album, I have acctually heard that he got surprised himself on how good he did it :eek:
and now I are really looking forward to seeing them live the 18. of November :D

Maybe they should be given a Surprise of the Year- podium or something. Another nice surprises this year have been Finntroll,
Darkane and Katatonia, I think...

Borknagar are, and always have been, awesome !
I got into them because one of my friend knows them quite well and talks to them regularly. He recommended them to me a while back. This same friend has now been offered an audition for vocalist in Zyklon btw :)

damn lucky all of you !!

i still waiting to get it.. Maybe you know how slow it is to get great album in North america :)