Ghost Reveries IS a masterpiece

I wouldn't say it is a masterpiece. I don't dislike it, it is just different from the rest. That isnt a bad thing though. It's not my favorite album, but who knows, it could grow on me.

I personally think it's one of there better albums. Sub-consciously I think it's the best, but at the same time I don't want to rate it over the others such as MAYH and Still life just because there classics, and you know how that goes.

But as far as the over-all quality and the compositions it's definitly one of there best efforts with-out a doubt. I guess you could compare to My Arms Your Hearse; when that record came out there was a lot of controversy, and there was plenty of criticism and was at a higher ratio than Ghost Reveries. Now like a million years later practically everyone thinks it's there best. I believe the same thing is going to happen with there latest Ghost Reveries after a few years.

:cool:

GR is their best album of the decade by far. I'm more of a prog fan than a metal fan though. So I don't really care that it's not as heavy or that it doesn't make me cry or it's not some black metal occult blah blah whatever Mike said it was going to be originally. It's fucking great music and to me that is what matters.