emporer......

If you like them as much as it seems, at least you could spell their name right...
Apparently all the tracks on "Prometheus: Discipline of Fire and Demise" are composed by Ihsahn, Samoth took no part in the song writing whatsoever.
I've heard a track from the album, which I must say was utter crap. The press I've read has also crushed the album, calling it their weakest to date. It's a shame they had to tarnish their name by releasing a mediocre record (although some would say they already did that with IX...).

S'funny, the track I have heard was excellent and every review I have read says that it is there best album to date. Are we talking about the same thing here :)

Oh and Projector (or is it Projocter :D ) RULES!

MindMorgue.

Originally posted by MindMorgue
Oh and Projector (or is it Projocter :D ) RULES!

:lol:
Verily it does, have you heard Haven? It kicks one's arse even more, if possible. ;)

As for "Prometheus", I'm not the right person to say anything about how it compares to other Emperor albums, because I had always lived under the impression that Emperor was all blastbeats with horrid vocals, but thank (some) god I was proven wrong by Lee_B.

I still haven't gotten into Prometheus properly, but it does sound really good.

Hmm, tell me which one of the earlier albums I should get? What's their masterpiece?

I'm not sure about albums as a whole, but I would say my favorite track is "With Strength I Burn" from Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk. The whole album is great, but that track is a personal standout for me. Epic and hugely majestic without ever veering into overblown and cheesy Rhapsody territory.

Download it now. Better still, buy the CD and line my pocket :)

Lee

Emperors "masterpiece" is something that isn't entirely agreed upon. Their most "true" (excluding the hideous demo) record is probably the "Wrath of the Tyrant" split album with Enslaved, which is the only Emperor some of my "true" friends can listen to. This of course means nothing, but fortunately it's pretty good, although I prefer the Enslaved part. I don't believe anyone would deny that their second studio album, "In the Nightside Eclipse" is the greatest classic of Norwegian black metal ever. It includes such classics as "Inno a Satana" and "I am the Black Wizards", and is my favourite Emperor/Black metal album. "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" is also great, and somewhat more accesible, but didn't inspire me as greately as "In the Nightside...". Both are superb, and I would reccomend getting both.
IX Equilibrium is not really worth mentioning, I found the album quite average compared to their previous masterpieces.

Yeah, Projector's great, and Haven's even better.

"Wrath Of The Tyrant" was the name of the "hideous" demo :).

The MLP / split CD didn't have a title at all (though it was named Hordane's Land for the screwed up US CD release - Hordane's Land was the title of the Enslaved MLP, not the whole split CD).

Whoops, got mixed up. The re-release of "Wrath of the Tyrant" includes the Emperor songs from "Hordanes Land" among others, so I confused that with "Hordanes Land". My comments on both albums still apply, avoid "Wrath of the Tyrant" like the plague.

Prometheus rules, but it lacks something.
I dont know what exactly.
Maybe theres too much filling riffs and such.
Not enough head banging riffs a la Morbid Angel.
Anyways the video for Empty is quite good.
Download it at : www.digitalmetal.com
ull have to download it in ur computer and change it to .avi

NP: Emperor - The Acclamation Of Bonds

Originally posted by Orchid

:lol:
Verily it does, have you heard Haven? It kicks one's arse even more, if possible. ;)

I have (of coarse) heard Haven, and whilst I like it a lot I do still prefer Projector, which contains my most favorite song ever by anybody - Auctioned. I appear to be in the minority however.

As for Emperor, my favorite album would be Anthems, but they are all great.

MindMorgue.

i like Prometheus, i dont think it really pushes any boundaries compared with Nightside or Anthems though. It reminds me of Diabolical Masquerade's Nightwork some of the time, also. Still a great album all the same.....
The title of the EP split with Enslaved is 'Emperor', so its just Emperor - Emperor.

I happen to think Prometheus may be their best to date. All I've heard so far was incredible, and it's a grower of an album, i can tell. It's a great showcase of a bands progression and pushing the limits of extreme music.

threadnecromancerqp7.jpg

AWESOME THREAD....I love seeing shit like this. First things first

Haven > Projector

And Prometheus is probably my 3rd favorite emperor album right after Nightside...Anthems being my favorite.