SOLD OUT!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF1997

In metal I trust!
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
for those of us passionate about metal...this is the place to discuss bands who have betrayed us and sold out.

The obvious one is metallica but does anyone who listens to in flames feel that same way...what about children of bodom??did they sell out, change thier sound...bands of the past...bands like anthrax??
Comments welcome!

^ I wouldnt concider that selling out. Selling out is when you start playing poser metal or stop playing metal all together. Thats why they calling it selling out cause they sold out their metal fanbase to appeal to pussies. (Burzum being the only accepting of a metal band turning into a non metal band)

Machine Head are one of the biggest sell-outs in the world. They went from being a great Post Thrash/Groove Metal band to Nu Metal now they are just puss-metal with the last album.

IF1997 said:
for those of us passionate about metal...this is the place to discuss bands who have betrayed us and sold out.

The obvious one is metallica but does anyone who listens to in flames feel that same way...what about children of bodom??did they sell out, change thier sound...bands of the past...bands like anthrax??
Comments welcome!

bodom didnt sell out. Anthrax still is metal too.

Eyes Of The Insane said:
ulver sucks you fucking delinquent.
No, and you are stupid. There are plenty of other metal bands that have stopped playing metal, or changed their style, and didn't "sell out".

First off... Ulver is amazing at what they do.

Katatonia had to change. Jonas was incapable of doing to growls, (and it would have been tougher to keep Akerfeldt while he was already doing Opeth and all) that's why they changed. His vocals have only gotten better since Discouraged Ones.

Décadent said:
Ulver, you fucking delinquent.

Selling out is changing your style in order to meet commercial standards. Ulver changed their style of music because they obviously just wanted to do something different.

D3v4S7A710N said:
First off... Ulver is amazing at what they do.

Katatonia had to change. Jonas was incapable of doing to growls, (and it would have been tougher to keep Akerfeldt while he was already doing Opeth and all) that's why they changed. His vocals have only gotten better since Discouraged Ones.
I guess it's a matter of taste. The only Katatonia albums I can get into are the first two.

Status
Not open for further replies.