Which Band Would You NOT MIND SO MUCH If They Stopped Making Music

Yes, but you can't say you like Darkthrone's newer stuff than their older stuff right?

I can't because I don't know what it means to like their newer stuff than their older stuff.

The albums up to and counting Panzerfaust were their best ones, true, but every single album they've released has been good or great. And the latest one is fucking good, as will the next one be. Darkthrone is the fist in the face of trendies.

I don't think that anyone mentioned aborted in here did they? Ever since Goremaggedon they have been really weak. Im listening to their newest album right now and its not very good at all.

Megadeth needs to call it a day. How much more cheesy can a band get.

I can't because I don't know what it means to like their newer stuff than their older stuff.

The albums up to and counting Panzerfaust were their best ones, true, but every single album they've released has been good or great. And the latest one is fucking good, as will the next one be. Darkthrone is the fist in the face of trendies.
Darkthrone really has nothing left to prove in the world of black metal, I doubt they're going to come out with another Blaze or Transilvania Hunger. In other words if they quit now they're likely to not have left a better legacy had they quit later so whether they quit or not their legacy stays the same most likely.

I don't get what is so great about darkthrone(do like soulside journey). Fenriz group Isengard is ten times better.

Immortal,Burzum,Satyricon, and Mayhem(De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas) is the only pure black metal that is interesting to me.

Darkthrone really has nothing left to prove in the world of black metal,
Nothing to prove
Just a hellish rock and roll freak
You call your metal black
It's just plastic, lame and weak

I doubt they're going to come out with another Blaze or Transilvania Hunger.
True, and they're not trying to

In other words if they quit now they're likely to not have left a better legacy had they quit later so whether they quit or not their legacy stays the same most likely.
Personal guess is that they don't give a fuck what interweb teens think of their "legacy"

Nothing to prove
Just a hellish rock and roll freak
You call your metal black
It's just plastic, lame and weak

True, and they're not trying to

Personal guess is that they don't give a fuck what interweb teens think of their "legacy"
Can you stay on topic and quit taking things so personal?
Yeah In Flames has decreased a lot since they've changed their style, add them to the list too.

Six Feet Under. They weren't good to start with since their debut and they're now a tribute band since Graveyard Classics.

Manowar after Sign of The Hammer. Their further releases after this album was a mishmash of both decent and crappy material.

Edguy after their debut. Their further material sounded all the same to me.

Helloween should have called it quits after Chameleon. They've suffered from inconsistent songwriting after that.

Six Feet Under. They weren't good to start with since their debut and they're now a tribute band since Graveyard Classics.

Manowar after Sign of The Hammer. Their further releases after this album was a mishmash of both decent and crappy material.

Edguy after their debut. Their further material sounded all the same to me.

Helloween should have called it quits after Chameleon. They've suffered from inconsistent songwriting after that.
I wouldn't say SFU is a tribute band though they never should've started those Graveyard Classics CD's. I thought 13 was good in parts and meh in others, so basically 6 or 7 out of 10 but I doubt there will be another Haunted type record and despite SFU putting out an album this year it may be dead soon since Barnes is with Torture Killer now.

Can you stay on topic and quit taking things so personal?
I thought I did?

You're so mature and cool I want to be just like you when I grow up. Sure showed those anusites damn.
Thanks, you're not alone. Dunno much about anusites except that they're mostly blind to everything and anything non-anus.

Funny that some people take offence when I say "interweb teens"..

IN OTHER NEWS: Talking about Manowar; who has heard the latest? Should be an epic piece and I am interested but I haven't heard it yet

Obviously inspired by Blue Jay's thread. I looked at my collection and saw lots of bands that I wouldn't be so down in the dumps about if they stopped making music. Either because the music they make now sucks, or the direction they're taking is indicative that they won't ever make another album as good as some of their earlier material.

There are the obvious ones who used to be good but are crap now.

In Flames
Slayer
Children of Bodom

But then there are those bands you do like but you feel that are past their peak, so you wouldn't be disappointed if they stopped making music. Here's my list.

Dimmu Borgir
The Kovenant
Mayhem
Opeth
Rammstein
Samael
Vader
Zyklon

LOL.... I'm glad you liked my thread.

Bands I woundn't mind as much if they stoped making music include KoRn, Slipknot, Hammerfall, Marduk, System Of A Down, Mudvayne, As I Lay Dying, Slayer (unless they relize their fans want thrash), In Flames (unless they realize their fans want melodic metal), Aerosmith, Metal Church, and Nuclear Assault are the only bands that come to mind at the moment. Oh wait Cradle Of Filth how could I have forgotton them.