ENGL savage 120 W/ Impulse Vs. TSX 30 w/Impulse

Iron Chef of Vag : Thank you! ;) Is this the Savage lead channel ?

No problem man, sorry my playing is so piss poor, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what the savage is like, and yes it was the lead channel with everything set to 12:00 except the lead Volume which was much higher. Let me know how it pans out!?

Hehe, believe me, if I can get something close you will know ;) Let me know if you record any more files.. Would be nice to hear the difference from gain knob at zero to max gain.. and how the presence knob affects the sound.. I have many projects going on at the moment, but I will take a look at this when I get the time since the E530 is pretty close to what I have seen from the Savage schematics.. the Savage have one or two more tubes + a poweramp.. but I'm not sure about the tone pots yet.. Again, thank you ;)

My god yes about the TSX with the low mid. I have to scoop so ungodly to get it to not be overpowering :S

I'm using it for scratch tracks for drums in the studio at the moment!
Sounds better than most modellers and is a little more pleasant for our drummer to deal with!

Oh and that savage... So nice! It's just so ripping and tight, it doesn't really seem to spill into any problem areas when dealing with high gain rhythm guitars :)

Someone buy me one, I'm poor! Too much money spent on my MaRK iv and Cab :'(

Hehe, believe me, if I can get something close you will know ;) Let me know if you record any more files.. Would be nice to hear the difference from gain knob at zero to max gain.. and how the presence knob affects the sound.. I have many projects going on at the moment, but I will take a look at this when I get the time since the E530 is pretty close to what I have seen from the Savage schematics.. the Savage have one or two more tubes + a poweramp.. but I'm not sure about the tone pots yet.. Again, thank you ;)

:loco: *giggles like a high school cheer leader* yeah baby! SO pumped now! ongel is the man!

I didn't intend to make a comparison, I just liked your DI's ;)
Here is a clip I did now that I have worked a little on the ampsim :p (Not inspired by the Savage at all, just looked over the e530 schematic again and found some things I missed before)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1369729/MP3/X30_1.5.mp3

So did you got high and lowbass filters in this? Because it sounds too boomy when you compare to Savage clips. Then again it's not like you try to program Savage or anything...(hopeheopehopehopehope...just something like it! :D)
*Waiting for the next En-ongel-edition.

Edit: Yep, it's boomy nevertheless. It lacks the grit!

Icony : It's just a clip of the model as it sounded at the moment :p I'm trying to get the x30 to sound as close to the real thing as possible before I move on to the next project.. I've just tested out another approach on the loading effect.. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1369729/MP3/x30_ac_load.mp3 .. knobs at noon .. one channel is X30 , the other is Kazrog's e530