Equator D5 tips from Ted himself

Thanks for the info HOFX.
They should update their homepage so potential customers are aware of this available request.

Mine actually are 220-240V. I can't remember if I even had to ask for them or did they just see where I come from and send me the right ones.
I Remember I had to email them to get the monitors shipped to finland so I might have asked for the 220-240V versions in the same message.

Anyways, I just got an email back and my monitor is still under warranty. Now we just have to figure out what the problem is. Makes things a lot easier when you can contact the manufacturer themselves rather than the importer.

By the way.. Get yours while you can :D 16 Days 6 Hours to a price increase on D5's

EDIT: I'll rather edit this post since it's still quite recent... So yesterday I got a mail that they sent me a replacement speaker. That was quick man. And great customer service too.

I sent them an email ages ago asking if they offered 220-240v, the response I got said that they send you monitors with the correct voltage for the country they are shipping to. A few weeks later I bought a pair, and when they showed up the voltage was indeed right for use in Australia, so just order a pair and they'll sort out the rest

Hi guys, I'm currently looking into a set of speakers that will give me great depth, seperation and clarity when listening to music. Do you think the D5's with a sub (Yamaha HS8S for example) would make a great setup for casual listening? Or should I go for D8's without a sub? Or are studio monitors really a less than ideal choice for purely recreational listening?

^^ what he said

studio monitors are way too expensive for casual listening. plus i think the flat frequency response would be annoying if you are not critically listening to something.

Thanks for bumping this. Just got a lightly used pair of D5's on eBay for $280 after using a broken pair of M-Audio AV40s for the last year. Super excited, and good to have this info since I'm in an untreated room.

Quick question for you guys, though: Is it worth it to buy the D5 brand (or other ones intended for monitors) isolation pads if I'm using them on a desk close to a wall? It kind of seemed like an unnecessary expense, and I was just going to buy 2 of these: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Neoprene-Sandwich-Vibration-Isolation/dp/B006W0PCTG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1385416654&sr=8-7&keywords=isolation+pads[/ame]

Necessary? No. I grabbed the D5 iso pads along with carrying case and cables for like $450 new. I have never tried them without the iso pads. Plus, they are angled.

Does anybody find that these puppies emit a fair amount of intermittent white noise when turned up? I accidentally had them set all the way up, and one of the speakers was making a noticeable white noise/pop/crackle type sound. Turned the sensitivity to 12 o'clock and it's essentially gone unless you're listening for it, but it bothers me that it's only one of the speakers. : / I saw a thread about it on gearslutz, but I wanted to know how widespread this is.

Weird. I'm using my POD HD Pro as an interface, and the D5s are silent unless I turn the HD on, at which point the static noise begins- but only on one speaker.

edit: nvm, turning the anti-static grounding option on the HD off fixed it. Goddamn Line 6.