ethnic origins

pug.jpg

+

image56.jpg

=

653n13.jpg

EDIT: sorry man

As far as I know, on my mother's side her mother was Canadian, though her mother came from Scotland. My mom's dad was born in England and emigrated to Canada when he was 11.

My dad's side is German and Austrian--his dad's family dating back to Germany and his mom's side is Austrian. Her maiden name was Strauss and I have been told there is some connection to the famous composers, though I am not sure of specifics.

So this isn't "ethnic", but I have an old relative who does genealogy. Apparently this archbishop is my forefather.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Steuchius

My mother's side is full of clerics, which I actually think is kind of cool, since most of what I've seen on my father's side is tenant farmers, plus a Russian jewish soldier who deserted at the end of the Napoleonic wars. It's fun to find that your forefathers came from such different worlds.

Someone should do a study and see if being a metal-nerd is prevalent in Jewish communities.

I'm 1/8 Mexican, 1/8 Native American (Arapaho), and then the rest is an amalgation of German, English, French and Belgian. I'm quite the mutt.