EURO 2020

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
Who you for? I dislike all remaining teams except Denmark. I absolutely loathe England.

I think England and Italy have been the two best teams. Yeah we haven't had any players keel over and nearly die like Denmark, but we deserved to win last night I thought! I'm pretty hungover today.

Apparently this tournament is causing our covid rates to increase, guess I'm not surprised: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57754938

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellestin
Condolences to England. I’m clearly not a fan but I hated to see 19 year old kid miss that. Donnarumma was too good though

Reactions: Doom
this tournament only accented how little I care for this sport anymore. Feels a little weird in a way, I used to be really into these international tournaments, trying my best not to miss a single game.
Onwards to not giving a shit about WC 2022 in them big ass Qatar graveyards... I mean stadiums!

Reactions: MFJ
I enjoyed the tourney--watched most of the games. The play was generally very good, not too many blowouts, some good goals, and the refs were excellent--they let them play a lot more than usual--and had no tolerance for diving. The game of the tourney was probably italy v spain (that young kid on Spain is a beast)--but overall Italy was very fun to watch, especially being a little more attack minded. As someone who still plays recreationally--specifically defense--it was fun to watch Bonucci and Chiellini clearly enjoy doing their thing (not the silky smoothness of maldini and nesta in their prime, but it will do). Soccer seems to be the only game I watch anymore especially since the pandemic--but I enjoy watching 0-0 ties and the small little details of the beautiful game :heh:

Reactions: Doom
The use of VAR was really good in the tournament, so much better than the English Premier League where it has been an absolute farce all season.