Euro: your country

Malveaux

Edenspring Wayfarer
Dec 8, 2001
The Dreaming
www.ttlg.com
This is kinda stupid thread, but I'm curious to know about this :p...

As you probably know, €uro coins will be different from country to country, sharing a common face and a face that's unique of the country they belong to.

In Italy we'll have the Man of Vitruvius, the Venus of Botticelli, the face of Dante Alighieri, the Colosseum and more...
what do you have in your country's €uro's coins?

Nothing spectacular here (i.e. the Netherlands) either... It'll be the image of Beatrix, the queen of our country... 1 and 2 euro coins will have exactly the same backside as our current coins, and the coins up to 50 cts will have a different picture of her...

erm... i should know... perhaps the brandenburg gate? wait, i'll look it up

ok we got the eagle (how usa-ish!) on the 1€ & 2€ coins, the brandenburg gate on the 25c & 50c, and some oak foliage on the copper coins...

as far as I know, here in one face we'll have some Spanish monuments (no, no girls up to now have been confirmed!!!) as Santiago's cathedral and I think Sacred Family too (gaudi) and on the other one the face of Juan Carlos I our king...
I'll love to gather coins from the rest of the countries

Stupidly enough I have no idea what our coins will look like....
I am not even try to "learn" more things about the Euro,I only know that 1Euro=340,75 drachmas and that 1000drachmas=3Euro (almost)
I am behaving as if we won't have Euro in a couple of weeks,but I don't think this will cause me any big trouble anyway :)

ok we got the eagle (how usa-ish!) on the 1€ & 2€ coins, the brandenburg gate on the 25c & 50c, and some oak foliage on the copper coins...

25 eurocent coins? They don't even exist... There'll be coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent, and 1 and 2 euro...

BTW... I think I do like the look of the euro coins and notes... The bank notes are all nice and colourful, just like our current ones ;) . Being able to recieve coins from any of the Euro-countries in any of those countries seems kind of cool as well to me*, so personally I don't see the Euro as all that bad...

*generally it does, but... I heard some economist on the radio a few days ago, who calculated that it would be only a matter of weeks (!) before you would recieve much more German euro-coins than dutch coins here in the Netherlands... Dunno if I like that...

erm ups i see... but 25c would be much more handy if you ask me!
and the problem you mentioned... well i never thought about that... true, true...

This is nice. Now when i want to order from any europe country i just have to know euro to dollars or to Mexican pesos. No crazy monetary systems with names i cannot even spell ( i had a frustrating time trying to order some things from germany until i just gave up, partially because i ran out of money anyway )

Telling the truth, I have no idea what our coins are going to look like. Yes, I've got zillions of brochyres about euro coins etc. but I've never paid much attention to them. And I won't :p I'll be the helpless one.

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
Telling the truth, I have no idea what our coins are going to look like. Yes, I've got zillions of brochyres about euro coins etc. but I've never paid much attention to them. And I won't :p I'll be the helpless one.

Eh, the same here. I have already had huge problems while trying to fill my car-tank with gas - the damn stations have changed their counters so that they show the price only in euros and not in marks anymore.

So, I guess we'll be the helpless two. :err:

-Villain

Wow. I've just got the first collection of italian Euro coins :D... yeah, there are these small coins collections available here. Of course we can't spend these money until january, but it's still cool :D.

OH SHIT, i forgot the euro is coming out 1st January 2002 right? or is it 2004. no im pretty sure its 2002. wow thats close, hmn i think Britain should join, but then you get all those nationalists saying how u cant change the pound!!! it would make life easier, so change to the euro please!!!!!! anyway bah

My dad gave me a little bag with Euro coins today....but hmm i haven't checked them out yet....I was in a hurry :D had better things to do ...blame it on the snow!
:)

ok, I finally got my pack too.....and so I know what the hell is on the Spanish side of the coins.....
on the three cooper-like ones there is an image of the Santiago de Compostela cathedral. On the goldish ones there is a picture of Cervantes and on the other two there's a picture of our king.
Not personaly pleased with the little coins thouhg

Italian little coins are nice. The Mole Antonelliana of Turin (2c), the Colosseum (5c), Castel Del Monte (1c)...

The nice thing is that looking at how quickly coins of different countries mix, one can see if the one money encourages people travelling as I expect...