european tour 2008!

Nothing from SL is a bit unbelievable considering it's such a fan-favourite (not to mention my own personal favourite), very strange...surely it would have made sense to drop, say Bleak since TDF is there too or something in favour of SPD? Also it's a pity they've chosen TGC from Ghost Reveries, it's the worst song on that album...Ghost of Perdition or Harlequin would have been much better.

very dissapointing setlist If i'm honest. I was hoping they'd just play one song of WS, because quite frankly, TLE is a truly gash song.

I just hope they vary it a little. I want to hear some stuff of SL.

going to sheps bush and if they play that setlist i would have to say that i would be gutted. there is nothing there i have not seen before (apart from TLE) and they drop SPD, which i have never seen live. Nothing from Ghost Revs either.

FFS ------------------> LEPER AFFINITY!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

for some reason i did not count TC as a ghost revs song. i need to wake up today.

really hoping that isnt the entire list though. i dont know how many times ive seen TDF, Bleak, etc etc etc

yep, crappy setlist. indeed!

play some rare stuff guys! goddamn
i think akesson cant play alot of stuff :zipit:

Nah, Bleak should stay imo, but TGC should be dropped for something else.

I'm not disappointed with the set, but totally disappointed with the length. Too short for a headlining tour. I bet the 2 support acts sets together equal longer than Opeth's set... :(

No way they'd suddenly just drop two songs, and if they did, I'd imagine it much have been a timing issue/something.

Anyhoo, we'll see after tonight's gig. Still chuffed with that set tbh, but I'd like to see the other two (Serenity and Silent Water) as well.

It could certainly use a couple more songs.

Still though, it's not a poor setlist by any means. I think those of us who have seen Opeth a few times before are the ones who are most likely to be disappointed, since it's comprised of songs they've played in the past. Noobs should be pleased though, because Demon, Drapery, Bleak and Deliverance are simply stellar live. Way back when they were touring Deliverance I saw them play what was my favourite setlist by them, it included SPD, The Leper Affinity, and a few others I can't remember. But that show has always stood out for me setlist wise. Performance wise though they keep improving. Back in 2001 I saw them touring BWP and Mike barely said a word to the audience, the band seemed nervous and uncomfortable on stage, and there were a few moments when Mike's voice wavered out of key (don't get me wrong, it was a great show!). They're so professional these days it's weird to think back to those days when they weren't really a 'touring' band.

Mike will probably crack jokes for at least 10 minutes, so that means stage time will be more like 90 minutes, possibly 95!

dude with the diablo 3 avatar, you heard anything about the upcoming release? in terms of date release character classes etc.

lol yeah taking out the two tracks that they havent played much for last 5 years fucking blows.

lookin forward to the lotus eater, but otherwise im utterly disappointed just cuz ive seen opeth 8 times since 2003 and that setlist is comprised of songs that they have played at all of those gigs.

lol yeah taking out the two tracks that they havent played much for last 5 years fucking blows.

lookin forward to the lotus eater, but otherwise im utterly disappointed just cuz ive seen opeth 8 times since 2003 and that setlist is comprised of songs that they have played at all of those gigs.

saw tNatSW twice last tour, but taking out SPD is devastating tbph.:cry:

i saw tnatsw last tour aswell, but only once compared too all of them put together from the last 5 years

Heir Apparent = 2
The Grand Conjuration =4
Bleak = 3
The Lotus Eater = 1
Hope Leaves = 2
Deliverance = 4
Demon Of The Fall = 6
The Drapery Falls = 5

I was really hoping that they'd make a few changes for the UK shows..not just drop SPD and TNATSW...still, we'll see...

the set did feel very short, and i was surprised we only got the one song for the encore - i'm fairly sure that's the entire set list. the lotus eater was probably the highlight for me, i suppose because it's the first time i've heard it live. i still had a lot of fun, but the song choice was a bit disappointing.

at least mikael was wearing his conan shirt :lol: everyone in the band seemed in good spirits - Per's waxed tache is brilliant.