european tour 2008!

Who's going to the London gig tomorrow? I am! I'm sitting here creaming myself in excitement - the set list looks awesome to me, GL is one of my fav Still life songs

Who's going to the London gig tomorrow? I am! I'm sitting here creaming myself in excitement - the set list looks awesome to me, GL is one of my fav Still life songs

i am but its going to be tough...star green have not delivred my ticket and im driving from norwich, staright from hold an exhibition. so i have to drive to tottenham hale, park up, tube to oxford circus, get tickets from box office and then get tube to SB....i can only hope that a tube will get me back to tott hale at that time after the gig ends.

i am but its going to be tough...star green have not delivred my ticket and im driving from norwich, staright from hold an exhibition. so i have to drive to tottenham hale, park up, tube to oxford circus, get tickets from box office and then get tube to SB....i can only hope that a tube will get me back to tott hale at that time after the gig ends.

Yeeesh thats a harsh trip - it will be worth it though. I'm coming from Tooting in South London, so I've got a nice long bus ride. Will probably get stabbed... Mike's ass is worth it.

Yeeesh thats a harsh trip - it will be worth it though. I'm coming from Tooting in South London, so I've got a nice long bus ride. Will probably get stabbed... Mike's ass is worth it.

mike will be able to write a new song about an opeth fan getting stabbed after their gig

awesome:zombie:

I'll be there, can't wait!...going straight from work in the city and meeting my GF at the venue...pleased to see that GL might make the set for London..

Kir-ir-Bannog...I think the last central line tube from shepherds bush is just after midnight so should be fine...unless Opeth play the set list I was hoping for!!

Will be there tooo, excited mostly for Cynic but opeth not too far behind - hope they exchange some of their songs on this set list for some new ones but I think GL will be a first for me so I'm happy with that

I'm still kinda hoping that what I'm seeing here won't be the setlist they'll go with for the rest of the tour. That it's just some start-up set they had to do cause they need another night of rehearsals at the soundcheck to make sure they're tight enough to play their newest additions to the setlist ... but I realize myself that the chance is beyond slim.

I just can't comprehend how they can go out playing the same songs from their back catalogue year after year, there is nothing new and exciting with this set list except the songs from Watershed ... For us who have seen the band live on the last three-four tours (and we are quite a few), where are the surprises?

I mean, would it be so bloody hard to chuck in one of these: Forest of October (they played this to death their entire career up until 6-7 years ago, shouldn't be so hard to rehearse and remember), The Twilight is my Robe, The Apostle in Triumph, Nectar (Mike talked about how cool he thinks this song is prior to embarking on the Ghost Reveries tour if I remember correctly, as we all know though, it wasn't played), To Bid you Farewell (was played in 2003 and shouldn't be so hard to re-learn), April Ethereal (was also played in 2003), Karma, The Moor (played in the US not too many years ago) ... and so on and so on ...

Come on guys! Add something new to interest your hardcore fans!

I can tell you this: go to the sweden gigs, you won't be disappointed ;)

Godhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's LamentGodhead's Lament

what did i say a couple of pages back? :kickass:

yeah wtf... mikael says that they're rehearsing songs they never played before, and then it's always the same stuff...
my love for opeth's music goes beyond that, anyway, but i'm a bit disapponted if that'll be the setlist for all the entire tour

I can tell you this: go to the sweden gigs, you won't be disappointed ;)

I am going to the gig in Gothenburg, and the addition of Godhead's Lament was definitely a change in the right direction. Makes me look forward to it more (even though I've seen them play that song back in 2003).

It sounds like you know something I don't :) Care to share?

still think TGC should be ditched for something from Morningrise or GR
and Bleak should be ditched for Leper Affinity

You have to see for yourself how awesome that song is live - the heavyness is awesome.... - infact overall the current setlist is one of the heaviest Opeth have ever done with The Lotus Eater, Deliverance, TGC, Heir Apparent... along with the heavy goodness of Bleak and the Drappery Falls :kickass:

You do know that you could easily be confused, right? Prolly wearing a Still Life tshirt and giving out Satyricon flyers.

Hello!

In Birmingham now. Just getting into touring mode again.

As for your complaints on the setlist. I think we do switch songs around quite a lot. As we started the tour last Spring we played Wreath, Masters, To rid etc. We've done Serenity, Night & silent water, we've done Harvest. We rotate songs pretty often I think, and we did leave some "faves" out of the set during the whole Summer too.

Apart from a small number of fans who are travelling around to see more gigs than one on a tour, I think this setlist is a rather pleasing one for the majority of the crowd. We will rotate songs again for next year too and we ARE rehearsing songs such as Harlequin forest, Karma, Hessian peel, Burden, The Moor and stuff like that. Weve talked about bringing Leper back into the set as well. We played that all the time before.

The only complaint I have about this tour we're on now is that we have a strickt curfew, and in some cases we'll get fined up to a 1000 pounds per minute if we run over. Since we have 2 support bands we're playing 1hr 30 most nights which is alright, yet the 2hrs we did in the US felt perfect for me. Nevertheless, I hope you come out to see us, we're very much on form I think!

I know some of you have a "dream" setlist which is cool, but personally I think this one is not too shabby.

Cheers
Mike

ok it wasn't at a gig but i did see someone wearing it. anyhoo, i will try to keep a look out.

Bollocks, the organisers should've chosen another venue! I will keenly donate all I have for you to play more songs, especially BURDENNNN!!!!

Hello!

In Birmingham now. Just getting into touring mode again.

As for your complaints on the setlist. I think we do switch songs around quite a lot. As we started the tour last Spring we played Wreath, Masters, To rid etc. We've done Serenity, Night & silent water, we've done Harvest. We rotate songs pretty often I think, and we did leave some "faves" out of the set during the whole Summer too.

Apart from a small number of fans who are travelling around to see more gigs than one on a tour, I think this setlist is a rather pleasing one for the majority of the crowd. We will rotate songs again for next year too and we ARE rehearsing songs such as Harlequin forest, Karma, Hessian peel, Burden, The Moor and stuff like that. Weve talked about bringing Leper back into the set as well. We played that all the time before.

The only complaint I have about this tour we're on now is that we have a strickt curfew, and in some cases we'll get fined up to a 1000 pounds per minute if we run over. Since we have 2 support bands we're playing 1hr 30 most nights which is alright, yet the 2hrs we did in the US felt perfect for me. Nevertheless, I hope you come out to see us, we're very much on form I think!

I know some of you have a "dream" setlist which is cool, but personally I think this one is not too shabby.

Cheers
Mike

cheers! but having toured so extensively for the last decade or so, don't you sometimes feel the urge to play songs live you never really did before?