european tour 2008!

As long as they play Godheads Lament I'll be happy, fuck it I don't care what they play.

if i knew the setlist was going to be this i wouldnt have paid the 25 quid for the ticket, only because its basically a summary of shows me and my friends have seen for the past 5 years. im bringing 6 of them this time, 2 have never seen or heard opeth so i guess this setlist will certainly appeal to them. generally i manage to convert them each time.
whack out Godheads Lament and il smile like a champ.

I'll be going tomorrow. I actually moved house to Shepherds Bush about two weeks ago, and guess where the show is...! It will be my first London gig without needing the tube afterwards. So yeah... go me.

I've seen them twice before in Australia and they played fairly different setlists to the ones that have been posted here, so I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing The Lotus Eaters, Heir Apparent etc. This is going to be AWESOME! I think the current setlist looks great.

I dont know what the flying fuck your all complaining about!!!
I think the set looks great just a little short which is annoying but cant be helped as mike explained, I saw them at Bloodstock and i cant fucking wait to see them again so FUCKYOU!!!

Just back from Brum.

Bleak was dropped for........wait for it..........wait for it......................................................................

NOTHING!!

Full setlist was:
Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Godhead's Lament
Lotus Eater
Hope Leaves
Deliverance
Demon Of The Fall
--------
The Drapery Falls

Gutted they dropped Bleak..... :erk:

Glad we got GL but the set was waaaaaaaay short, just over 80 mins.

Hello!

In Birmingham now. Just getting into touring mode again.

As for your complaints on the setlist. I think we do switch songs around quite a lot. As we started the tour last Spring we played Wreath, Masters, To rid etc. We've done Serenity, Night & silent water, we've done Harvest. We rotate songs pretty often I think, and we did leave some "faves" out of the set during the whole Summer too.

Apart from a small number of fans who are travelling around to see more gigs than one on a tour, I think this setlist is a rather pleasing one for the majority of the crowd. We will rotate songs again for next year too and we ARE rehearsing songs such as Harlequin forest, Karma, Hessian peel, Burden, The Moor and stuff like that. Weve talked about bringing Leper back into the set as well. We played that all the time before.

The only complaint I have about this tour we're on now is that we have a strickt curfew, and in some cases we'll get fined up to a 1000 pounds per minute if we run over. Since we have 2 support bands we're playing 1hr 30 most nights which is alright, yet the 2hrs we did in the US felt perfect for me. Nevertheless, I hope you come out to see us, we're very much on form I think!

I know some of you have a "dream" setlist which is cool, but personally I think this one is not too shabby.

Cheers
Mike

Cheers for the response Mike, appreciated. I'm still gutted we didn't get Bleak though (and the gig finished around 10:45pm so plenty of time).

I'm not getting at you or the band because I know you get a lot of shit thrown around here at times but maybe next time don't have so many support acts...?

Just Cynic and Opeth would have been more than enough.

Great show tonight though, tight as fuck!

P.S. Please play Bleak at London and/or Notts... :headbang:

We will rotate songs again for next year too and we ARE rehearsing songs such as Harlequin forest, Karma, Hessian peel, Burden, The Moor and stuff like that.
OMG :) I am so happy to read this! Harlequin Forest and Burden would be so great to hear live.

I would appreciate it if you could even switch the selist a bit around on this tour too. You have played some of the current songs throughout the summer on the European festivals so I would like to hear some others :)

OMG :) I am so happy to read this! Harlequin Forest and Burden would be so great to hear live.

I would appreciate it if you could even switch the selist a bit around on this tour too. You have played a lot of the current songs throughout the summer on the European festivals so I would like to hear some others :)

Yea. Like bring in TNATSW every other show, etc...

:worship:

We will rotate songs again for next year too and we ARE rehearsing songs such as Harlequin forest, Karma, Hessian peel, Burden, The Moor
Fucking hell! lol at how perfect Karma would be to close a show. Seen the Moor but I'd be happy to see that every show, Burden and HP would crush so hard live AND Harlequin as well, was wondering when that bad boy would see some light.

The curfew for Bristol on Friday is 9:45.

Insanity. I can see use getting a seriously slim set at this rate, as Opeth will have to be on at 8ish and doors are at 6:30. Ergh.

The curfew for Bristol on Friday is 9:45.

Insanity. I can see use getting a seriously slim set at this rate, as Opeth will have to be on at 8ish and doors are at 6:30. Ergh.

Thats just total shit, how can it be a real venue?. Most venues have a curfew of 11pm which is reasonable imo.

Will there be an earlier start time maybe?

Well the venue itself is pretty good, but it's apparantly 'Friday Night Policy' or some such bullshit. I gave them a ring to check last week and they confirmed it would definitely have to be finished by 9:45pm.

I've seen QOTSA there, Porcupine Tree and others and it's finished at 10:30-11 every time but it seems that Fridays are an exception. If it cuts Opeth's set any shorter than eight songs, they're going to get a strongly worded complaint from me as that's just not on (the venue ofc, I sympathise entirely with the band when this kind of crap is thrown at them).