European tour with Slipknot

Well I wasn't there but that was posted to Finish message boards and yes people were complaining that they played only six songs...

I haven't checked the songlist as I want to keep it a secret to myself. Going in in a few hours, I'll post something tomorrow.

Set:

Hellhounds On My Trail
In Your Face
Hate Me
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
Hatecrew Deathroll
Downfall

Kind of boring list of songs, but the band played really well, even Janne looked sober. I was fucking wasted as usual and went nuts at the front row, was even told to calm down by the security :( Then I spent most of Machine Head moshpitting and by the time Slipknot was starting I guess I thought the show was over and left :D I won't drink before Christmas now..

Oh my. I'd say too that I don't drink before..New Year!(Yeah right..) :loco:
(@Tampere,FIN)I think I missed that first song because we were still trying to get in. We had to wait only 20 minutes to get inside because we found a short queue.\,,/ (it was me & my friend's 1st time in ice hall gig so we were luckily to get in so fast)There were a LOT of people waiting outside when Bodom played...And they played like 30 minutes? Wtf. We were so sad :( When Machine Head played we listened a few songs and went to a bar..to drink..And then we went to see slipknot and it was ok. I don't listen so much Slipknot but they are ok @ live.

We stood next to the fence listening Slipknot and some "bodyguards" just walked fast next to and some one hit me on my arm..I thought 'whatta fuck!'...and then i realized that it was one of the Slipknot dudes going to the stage...WTF? Others had been playing a few song already... Weird :hotjump:

It was fucking awesome!!!

Bodom had a fucking short set which kind of pissed me off. They played really well and only solo i could hear Alexi play A BIT wrong was Blooddrunk. I think some extra lead-age was added to either Downfall/HCDR OR ADK.

Machine Head was really good too but slightly suprising since their set had to be double Bodom's set! Well anyways...they were great and ended with Halo i think. Crazy pits all through the set.

Slipknot was amazing. Really nice show. Only thing i would complain on was that the stuff was going a bit too wild :lol: (I was never standing steadily on my 2 feet but was slumbering and falling down constantly). Their playing was solid and it was a really nice gig with just some fireworks and even Joey spinning on his drumplatform and angled 90 degrees while playing (SIC). It was awesome.

Good experience. Only thing i can complain on was that there were some retarded and fucking annoying/stupid fans there. They really pissed me off...seemed like they didn't know how you act on a gig since they were all "Hey i was standing there!!! Give my spot back *elbow to the back*". Goddamn bitches! I actually screamed at one of the girls who was pushing around people to try to get to a better spot BEFORE THE GIG but wasn't getting anywhere so she and her friend started hitting/pushing people and people around were getting pissed so i screamed "Mitä sä vittu ämmä tyrjäät? "(What the fuck are you pushing at, bitch?". I mean pushing is okay but when it comes to pointless goddamn violence like that it just makes me fucking sad. Just goes to prove that Slipknot's audience is so wide there are a large number of pricks there too! Many were nice too...i just guess there is always a number of pricks wherever you go :lol:

EDIT: Also i was waiting for my dad to pick me up at the tour busses and Alexi walked right past me but i couldn't say "Alexi" or anything so i could say something to him because i was a bit stunned :lol: He was sober(or looked like he was) and did not look tired or pissed.

Good experience. Only thing i can complain on was that there were some retarded and fucking annoying/stupid fans there.

EDIT: Also i was waiting for my dad to pick me up at the tour busses and Alexi walked right past me but i couldn't say "Alexi" or anything so i could say something to him because i was a bit stunned :lol: He was sober(or looked like he was) and did not look tired or pissed.
Yea, there were so many that kinda fans but I think it's normal in every big gig..People just don't understand. I hate it. Argh... Luckily me & my friend got a spot where we were close to the stage and we got a bit squeezed but it was ok. :loco:

Oh man! I wish I'd seen Alexi! I'm so jealous. :hotjump:

Yea, there were so many that kinda fans but I think it's normal in every big gig..People just don't understand. I hate it. Argh... Luckily me & my friend got a spot where we were close to the stage and we got a bit squeezed but it was ok. :loco:

Oh man! I wish I'd seen Alexi! I'm so jealous. :hotjump:

Nobody said a word to him. I would have shook his hand but i was just so lost in my own thoughts when i recognized him that he just walked past :lol:

The Copenhagen gig is sold out, thank God I got my ticket in time !1 Need to know whos starting so I can get up front row in time ! :headbang: Got the the feeling its COB?

The Copenhagen gig is sold out, thank God I got my ticket in time !1 Need to know whos starting so I can get up front row in time ! :headbang: Got the the feeling its COB?

CoB is opening, approx 6 song set.
Machine head is next with like a 10 song set or something.
Then Slipknot with probably a 16 song set or something.

You better get to the venue in time...in Finland there was like a line extending several hundred meters right before the doors opened.

Yea it's true, I have this everytime I see COB. Only thing between me and the front fence is a pair of little teenage girls who're just stuck to the fence, holding to it with both hands tight looking rather bored, not moving at all, not singing at all, just emotionlessly watching the guys play. Next I'm all over them poor things shouting and banging and waving hands, and they try to bite me. Rockperry totally sucked!

And about the queue, there was something going on that prevented them opening the doors and there was a moment of fear when I thought am I gonna miss the start again, but luckily not.

Yea it's true, I have this everytime I see COB. Only thing between me and the front fence is a pair of little teenage girls who're just stuck to the fence, holding to it with both hands tight looking rather bored, not moving at all, not singing at all, just emotionlessly watching the guys play. Next I'm all over them poor things shouting and banging and waving hands, and they try to bite me. Rockperry totally sucked!

And about the queue, there was something going on that prevented them opening the doors and there was a moment of fear when I thought am I gonna miss the start again, but luckily not.

Yeah i was getting worried too...
When inside i was in the queue to leave my jacket in but then bodom started playing hellhounds and i just tied it around my waist and went off to headbang. Also the queue's and services sucked fucking much! I was trying to buy coke after the gig and the bitch said "We don't sell drinks anymore" and i instantly went "VOI SAATANAN VITTU PERKELE! VITTUJEN KEVÄT JA KYRPIEN TAKATALVI" she just raised a eyebrow. I had fucking queued to that place for 15 fucking minutes. It turned out they were out of cups so they could not serve them in bottles. I took my friends cup and went there and said "Fill this up then!!!" and they said "Sorry, but we are closed!". I went infernal and shouted all swearwords i had coming...you wouldn't believe how annoying it's to queue to it and then find out it closed 1 minute ago!!! ASSHOLES!

Oh yeah! It's always like that! The annoying teenage girls are at the front while all the big ugly metal-hungry guys are behind them. Last Tuska i was nailed to the ass on a fucking 14-year old(looked like she was that atleast)who was just leaning against the fence watching them while i was going crazy trying to get ino there and headbanging like shit. It made me pissed :lol: How is it that the people in front row often are idiots/assholes?:err:

I'm one of the persons who didn't see COB in time as they start playing their set. :( :( :(
I'm kinda pissed off. Okay, sequentially:
Ticket said: 'Doors open: 6pm'. At 6.30 I arrived at Jäähalli, Tampere. All what I've seen was a big, big queue. Wtf? I asked myself how long does it take to get all the remaining people in?! 3 hours??? So I've searched for the end of the queue and was waiting approx. 1 hour to get into Jäähalli. Fortunately to get into the stadium didn't take that long I expected. As I had half of the queue behind me I heard some tunes out of the stadium. I thouhgt: Okay, they are doing soundcheck yet?! Was a bit weird. Then, as I wrote, one hour later -> 7.30 pm I was in Jäähalli. Then I realized: 'Fakk, they're playing!' Oh no. I got in when they played 'Angels don't kill'. I had a seat but I was not in the mood to look for my seat number, so I entered some other entrance... I think it was the C-area. I could directly look on the stage. But after 'Angels don't kill' 2 songs were left. And at the end I have seen 10 Minutes Children of Bodom. :( I was mainly because of them there. I'm a fan since 6 years and it was my first concert yesterday. I was looking so much forward to this concert of them, even they had played for around 35 minutes.
I don't know. I'm originally from Germany and living in Finland for 1 year because of exchange studies. In Germany, if one goes to concerts with a capacity of 10 000 people, time between DOORS OPEN and BEGINNING OF THE FIRST SUPPORT ACT is 2 hours. So there is a lot of time to get all these people into the hall, stadium or arena, whatever.

So, but I hope to see the guys live again after New Years eve. I read that they are planning some headliner shows in Europe.

The 10 minutes of them which I have seen were blowing my mind. They played incredibly good.

Also Machine Head and Slipknot did great shows. Fortunately. ;)

I'm one of the persons who didn't see COB in time as they start playing their set. :( :( :(
I'm kinda pissed off. Okay, sequentially:
Ticket said: 'Doors open: 6pm'. At 6.30 I arrived at Jäähalli, Tampere. All what I've seen was a big, big queue. Wtf? I asked myself how long does it take to get all the remaining people in?! 3 hours??? So I've searched for the end of the queue and was waiting approx. 1 hour to get into Jäähalli. Fortunately to get into the stadium didn't take that long I expected. As I had half of the queue behind me I heard some tunes out of the stadium. I thouhgt: Okay, they are doing soundcheck yet?! Was a bit weird. Then, as I wrote, one hour later -> 7.30 pm I was in Jäähalli. Then I realized: 'Fakk, they're playing!' Oh no. I got in when they played 'Angels don't kill'. I had a seat but I was not in the mood to look for my seat number, so I entered some other entrance... I think it was the C-area. I could directly look on the stage. But after 'Angels don't kill' 2 songs were left. And at the end I have seen 10 Minutes Children of Bodom. :( I was mainly because of them there. I'm a fan since 6 years and it was my first concert yesterday. I was looking so much forward to this concert of them, even they had played for around 35 minutes.
I don't know. I'm originally from Germany and living in Finland for 1 year because of exchange studies. In Germany, if one goes to concerts with a capacity of 10 000 people, time between DOORS OPEN and BEGINNING OF THE FIRST SUPPORT ACT is 2 hours. So there is a lot of time to get all these people into the hall, stadium or arena, whatever.

So, but I hope to see the guys live again after New Years eve. I read that they are planning some headliner shows in Europe.

The 10 minutes of them which I have seen were blowing my mind. They played incredibly good.

Also Machine Head and Slipknot did great shows. Fortunately. ;)

Yep, shit happens! I came in time to see the ending half of Hellhounds on my trail and i came to Jäähalli at about 5:15-20 PM. The queue was already huge then. As said, there were apparently some problems at the gates(FUCKING SHIT!!!!) so they let in people alot later. Also, it was fucking chilly outside to stand and wait for over 1 hour.

Yea whatever the reason for not opening the doors in time, it was a MAJOR COCKUP they didn't postpone the COB concert by half an hour.

great show but too short, CoB only had about 40 minutes; setlist was:

Hellhounds/IYF/Hate Me/Blooddrunk/ADK/HCDR and Downfall as the closer. Did a video of COB but I don't know
yet how it's come out, as we were quite far back from the stage. If any of it's worth posting I will :kickass:

Machine Head were cool; didn't wait to see Slipknot!

That's what they call die hard COB fan :lol: Next time you see Alexi tell him about all this trips from England, you can get him pretty shocked :lol:

Slipknot gave COB a whoppin' 35 minutes. It sounds like you forgot the changeovers!

I'll try to get an extensive review of the Finnish shows with photos up on Scythes tomorrow. I was really impressed about the show in Helsinki. I figured it would be boring as hell but geez, they were on fire and tighter than in ages.. and this is coming from the guy who is crying when Alexi gives just 95%.

Sounds like fun! Looking forward that review!

Bodom had a fucking short set which kind of pissed me off. They played really well and only solo i could hear Alexi play A BIT wrong was Blooddrunk. I think some extra lead-age was added to either Downfall/HCDR OR ADK.

Machine Head was really good too but slightly suprising since their set had to be double Bodom's set! Well anyways...they were great and ended with Halo i think. Crazy pits all through the set.

Slipknot was amazing. Really nice show. Only thing i would complain on was that the stuff was going a bit too wild :lol: (I was never standing steadily on my 2 feet but was slumbering and falling down constantly). Their playing was solid and it was a really nice gig with just some fireworks and even Joey spinning on his drumplatform and angled 90 degrees while playing (SIC). It was awesome.

Good experience. Only thing i can complain on was that there were some retarded and fucking annoying/stupid fans there. They really pissed me off...seemed like they didn't know how you act on a gig since they were all "Hey i was standing there!!! Give my spot back *elbow to the back*". Goddamn bitches! I actually screamed at one of the girls who was pushing around people to try to get to a better spot BEFORE THE GIG but wasn't getting anywhere so she and her friend started hitting/pushing people and people around were getting pissed so i screamed "Mitä sä vittu ämmä tyrjäät? "(What the fuck are you pushing at, bitch?". I mean pushing is okay but when it comes to pointless goddamn violence like that it just makes me fucking sad. Just goes to prove that Slipknot's audience is so wide there are a large number of pricks there too! Many were nice too...i just guess there is always a number of pricks wherever you go :lol:

And there we go with the official crazyfinn review :lol: So seems like you had a good time, good to know! I just hope they start giving news about their European headliner soon seeing as the first date is already on the net.

Thanks for the cool reviews of the Helsinki gig :) Cannot wait for Germany now,Ill be waiting outside the gig from 8 o clock onwards that morning if I get my way! So if anyone sees a blonde haired girl standing around a bunch of guys in Slayer hoodies holding one of those really tiny Irish flags come over for a chat :) Bet they'll open with Hellhounds again! Hope they'll play Bed of Razors,and some funny random song before Downfall.
I'm set on meeting Janne properly this time round,been getting really into Warmen lately :kickass: