EUROPEAN TOUR

COBHC Webmaster,
I am sorry, I don't know if here is the right place, but are really the Children coming to kawarna from 3-6 august, this summer on the bulgarian Monsters of Rock festival?!

London show was fucking awesome, crowd was crazy, Bodom ruled, support was ok but meh, and they played Lake Bodom!!!! somebody put some pics up cuz i only had the camera on my phone and they were shitty pics

Undecided as to which is the best Bodom show I enjoyed more between London last night and BOA, Bradford on Wednesday was great too but sound and lighting let it down big time, so very glad I made the London show.

Astonished at the difference in crowds between the 2 shows, by 6pm at Bradford there was around 30 people waiting, in London it was closer to 1500!

Didn't take any pics, I hate having to worry about a pricey camera when I'm down at the front, and disposable cameras rarely get results.

Quite a few idiots at the London show, has to be said, like the guy in front of me on the barrier with the eyeliner and the Eighteen Visions haircut(s) who told me that I'd 'Better fuck off NOW', presumably because I was pushing in to him, not a lot I can do about that, mate. there's people pushing my back too.

Anyhow just got home from my big round trip, missed almost every coach/train I had booked, so late nights on concrete university halls floors have take their toll, can't wait to get back in to my proper bed.

Don't know if anyone saw me, I have a flat mohican and would have been wearing either a Children of Bodom Hate Crew Deathroll USA Tour Shirt (ordered by accident!) or a Damnation Festival 2005 hoodie.

1 group of people seem to be everywhere I go when CoB are even remotely involved.

Hello everybody,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but since it's about the European tour/concerts I figured it should go in here.
I'm new to Children of Bodom (actually, I'm new to metal in general. Please answer my question before you disembowl me), and I just found out they're playing tomorrow night. On the other side of the country. Thing is, I have nobody to go with so I'll have to make a 3 hour train ride to the other side of a country to a place I've never been before to go see them on my own. And while I'm definetely motivated to do just that, many people have advised me not to do so because I'm "not metal/gothic, not used to metal concerts and not familiar with the place it's being held". However, the people who said that I shouldn't go have never been to a metal concert either. And since (most?) of you have been to metal concerts and/or CoB concerts, I was wondering if you could give me advice what to do now?
Thanks for your time...

Alias said:
Hello everybody,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but since it's about the European tour/concerts I figured it should go in here.
I'm new to Children of Bodom (actually, I'm new to metal in general. Please answer my question before you disembowl me), and I just found out they're playing tomorrow night. On the other side of the country. Thing is, I have nobody to go with so I'll have to make a 3 hour train ride to the other side of a country to a place I've never been before to go see them on my own. And while I'm definetely motivated to do just that, many people have advised me not to do so because I'm "not metal/gothic, not used to metal concerts and not familiar with the place it's being held". However, the people who said that I shouldn't go have never been to a metal concert either. And since (most?) of you have been to metal concerts and/or CoB concerts, I was wondering if you could give me advice what to do now?
Thanks for your time...

Dude, just find a friend....or get ur brother/sister to come....and go. Im sure ull have a great time. Nad take my advice: stand near the front, moshpits usually arent deadly like in Slipknot concerts, with COB....its just plain fun. If u stand in the back like i did at the gig in tilburg, ull be dissapointed in the end, and pissed at yourself for standing and watching them, instead of freaking out, im still pissed that I was the only one screaming the lyrics :D

Lithium said:
Dude, just find a friend....or get ur brother/sister to come....and go. Im sure ull have a great time. Nad take my advice: stand near the front, moshpits usually arent deadly like in Slipknot concerts, with COB....its just plain fun. If u stand in the back like i did at the gig in tilburg, ull be dissapointed in the end, and pissed at yourself for standing and watching them, instead of freaking out, im still pissed that I was the only one screaming the lyrics :D

Well I'm afraid that'll be a problem. None of my friends listen to metal. And trust me, I've tried to talk them into it! The only sibling I have is 14 and female and definetely not into metal and definitely not coming with me I'm afraid... And yeah, I do want to actually see something so I'll probably try to stand in front (I'm 1.65m..) But thanks anyway :)
(Btw, I'm a girl, not a dude. :) )

just remeber to wear black or your gona look realy stupid if you wear something colourfull even though theres nothing rong with it, its just that these metal folk realy take their black way to seriouse imo.

Alias said:
Well I'm afraid that'll be a problem. None of my friends listen to metal. And trust me, I've tried to talk them into it! The only sibling I have is 14 and female and definetely not into metal and definitely not coming with me I'm afraid... And yeah, I do want to actually see something so I'll probably try to stand in front (I'm 1.65m..) But thanks anyway :)
(Btw, I'm a girl, not a dude. :) )

One time I had to go to a gig ( can't remeber what band it was) alone cause my friends didn't want to come, were busy,...
I went anyway and while waiting for the support band I talked to some really nice girls and I had great fun. I'm still in contact with them.

Alias said:
Hello everybody,
Thanks for your time...

Don't worry about that gothic/metal shit... No one's gonna harm u or anything... They might have that I'm-so-evil-don't-dare-talking-to-me-look, but they're just normal ppl... Some of them don't even headbang, mosh or anything, so they don't disturb u. I was afraid of that when I went to my first metal concert (I was 13) but it turned out to be nothing like I was expecting. Turned out much cooler! Some of those weird ppl (lol) even helped me when I was almost being carried away by the mosh wave....

Oh... I know what u're feeling... Believe it or not, on most gigs I go to I end up meeting new people... It's really easy, cause while u're waiting there's nothing special to do... That's partially how I got my concert friends....
Now, believe me, u gotta do it for yourself, or u'll feel terrible after missing it... Just ask a good friend of urs to come along with u! :oops:
And try to stay near the front rows cause it's awesome over there! :headbang:

DeathPact said:
just remeber to wear black or your gona look realy stupid if you wear something colourfull even though theres nothing rong with it, its just that these metal folk realy take their black way to seriouse imo.

That colour thing is just stupid! Wear whatever u want to!
I usually don't wear all black on a daily-basis, and don't even do it for concerts!
To COB I wore a grey-tank-top, blue jeans, black sweat, green jaclket...
Don't worry about it dear! ;)

I really hope u'll go to that gig and enjoy yourself very very much!

PS: I promise I'll upload my pics this weekend... Sorry, but I've been really really busy lately... :(

^ blue jeans are gay, and well if you can take it then go for it im just saying that 90% of the people around you are gona be black so if you wana look like pimple its your choice.

DeathPact said:
^ blue jeans are gay, and well if you can take it then go for it im just saying that 90% of the people around you are gona be black so if you wana look like pimple its your choice.

Well if you're really going to judge people by what they wear, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us don't.

I spoke to a guy in a light brown jumper at the London gig and he was a pretty top bloke, what does it matter that he wasn't wearing black?

And as for 'blue jeans are gay', I sometimes wear blue jeans and I can assure you I'm not gay, you're just far too image conscious, it'd seem.