Eve of Seduction. Underrated?

Yeah, me too. I guess stuff just grows on you. I still think the inital riff is a bit funny but the rest of it is great.

The Turning is not the best SX song by far, though I love the vocals, the way the grit adds to the werewolf dimension.

Eve of Seduction was an instant hit for me, I just think its damn sexy!!! oooooyeah!!!!

I only said it was "criminally overlooked" but I agree it's definately not their best.

HOLY SHIT DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!!!!

hehe j/k

yeah i heard a few people suggest it was 'filler'. Its not bad at all, just not a great.

I do think that The Turning and Incantations... are filler, but it's not because they're bad songs. It's just that the other songs on The Odyssey are stronger, in my opinion.

Also, I too am amused by the intro riff to Eve of Seduction. It sounds nothing like Symphony X, yet it manages to work.

I do think that The Turning and Incantations... are filler,

GHAAAAAA!!!!
blasphemer!!!

Dude, filler is shit that a band writes havf ass-edly just too fill space on an album. they say, "sheeeeit we got like 3 good tracks, better write some shitty songs to take up space!"

symphony x (i think we can safely assume) would never do that, therefore, those songs cannot be classified as filler.

eve of seduction is ingenius!!! i love that begining riff. and the vocals are godlike perfection. it wasn't that great to me when i first heard it also, but by the third or fourth listen i was singing it hours later on the john.

Dude, filler is shit that a band writes havf ass-edly just too fill space on an album. they say, "sheeeeit we got like 3 good tracks, better write some shitty songs to take up space!"

symphony x (i think we can safely assume) would never do that, therefore, those songs cannot be classified as filler.

I agree, musicians of this calibur dont do filler. They have different ideas and ways of expressing themselves. Pop metal and power metal bands do filler. Pop metal had to to finish albums when they only had creativity to write two decent songs. Power metal bands need filler songs to make the epic story work........ epically. Ill take a dose of progressive filler anyday. Oh wait I still havent heard the album......... :rolleyes:

Eve of Seduction is one of my favorite S-X songs...the lyrics are awesome in their own way and the music is just mindblowing.

Another song I think is overlooked (or I just haven't seen enough people mention it) is Accolade II. While it may not be as epic as the original...it's a damn fuckin' good song in and of itself, very powerful.

The Turning is good, but I like Awakenings better; being another song people might call "filler" which I don't think S-X is capable of doing.

I agree, musicians of this calibur dont do filler. They have different ideas and ways of expressing themselves.

I think you said it perfectly brother. Each song, whether sounding like or not like any other song on the album, is it's own masterpiece.

Kind of how I seem to be the only person in the world who likes Pharoah alot, yet many others think it to be a "filler" type song.

To each his own I guess!

^^^

Yeah, I kinda got scared upon reading that, lol.

I like Pharaoh as well.

It's funny, but I was also a person who thought Eve was just an all right song when I first heard it, but now I love it. The verse riff itself is just so awesome... always gets me to nod the head a little...

Let me introduce something yet to be introduced in this topic, but abundant in many others... SHADES OF GREY!!!

Shades of Gray is not a filler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneoneonenoeoneone

It's really a matter of taste if you consider certain song "a filler". Makes me remember how someone said a while ago that in his opinion The Serpent's Kiss is just a filler :p:p:p:p:p. clearly so...