Eve of Seduction. Underrated?

On some occasions a song meant to be a filler will eventually be the best of the bunch.

I don't have any good example, though.

i can't imagine a song with sucha varied and strong structure as serpent's kiss being considered filler... who said that? i'll hunt them down aand have their heart as lunch.

There really isn't any filler on Paradise Lost in my opinion (although some residents may believe The Sacrifice is, and at least one very ill-informed poster somehow believes Revelation is).

Have you put together any music of your own Zach, just curious.

Anyhow I like Pharaoh too. But I've yet to skip any SX song on any CD or shut it down before the end unless Im leaving. I like jelly donuts...

Have you put together any music of your own Zach, just curious.
I fail to see the relevance. I mean, i know exactly where you are going with this, but i fail to see the relevance. Just to humor you, no, i haven't. I'm in a band called skelator (www.myspace.com/skelator), i play bass and at some point yeah, i'm sure i'll write some material. Now please, enlighten me as to what the fuck this has to do with me thinking those are shitty songs?

I felt the way people were feeling about Eve of Seduction with Seven by some weird reason.
By the way the only problem with Revelation is that the middle instrumental section should have at least another 5 minutes to be an excellent end song, don't you think?

cant translate Kens post. Im not wise to much of the net abbreviations. I think I got the message though :rolleyes:

No, I was curious and am wondering if someone that has tried to create might better understand that all kinds of stuff comes out, sometimes not even knowing where it came from but wanting to do something with it. I have come up with stuff that ranges from soft jazz, funk, blues, hardrock, boogie, commercial metal and heavy metal. All mediocre by professional standards, Ill admit, but it came from somewhere and anything I did something with I considered keepers. I have thrown out alot of nowhere stuff too. Then the grunge bands came around and made music out of them ... :lol:

So again... what's the relevance and what's the point of your question and subsequent statement?

Oh, and just to put this post on your level... :rolleyes:

I just gave it to you but, whatever, it was just a question, like I said, just curious and at that time felt the need to ask.

Maybe next time you take one of your epic dumps you outta try wiping, you seem to have your panties all in a bunch quite often.

Dont put words in my statement that I did not say. You can dislike and hate all you want if it makes you happy. Theres many songs in this world that do nothing for me either but I cant get all twisted into stomach problems and various sicknesses as apparently happens to you. As for "particular songs" I havent heard them and was not talking about them anyhow. Just wanted to know if you'd ever come up with anything. My statement applied to my minimal experience with the creative process and how songs come to be and other stuff is left behind and if you recall there was many posts about what is and is not filler and that was where my head was at. So aside from that question, it isnt all about you, or "my level".

Dont put words in my statement that I did not say. You can dislike and hate all you want if it makes you happy. Theres many songs in this world that do nothing for me either but I cant get all twisted into stomach problems and various sicknesses as apparently happens to you. As for "particular songs" I havent heard them and was not talking about them anyhow. Just wanted to know if you'd ever come up with anything. My statement applied to my minimal experience with the creative process and how songs come to be and other stuff is left behind and if you recall there was many posts about what is and is not filler and that was where my head was at. So aside from that question, it isnt all about you, or "my level".
So basically you're saying that it was a question from completely out of left field that had absolutely no relevance to the conversation at hand?

Ya GOD ROMEO has played awsome guitar riffs.:headbang:i love the song.i'd also like to show the live version

Well, speaking from the standpoint of someone who does write music, doing so has only made me *more* of a critic of things I don't like than I would be if I were not writing music. Conversely, it also has increased my appreciation of music I do like.

And I like Eve of Seduction :p

And yes I think The Sacrifice is a lackluster song.