Eve of Seduction. Underrated?

Layne was great but I never made the conection to Russell.

Monks ? OK listen up

Live on the side of a mountain - not too bad so far

live in a huge stone castle type thing with no heat - any wise mountain metal musician would build his mountain home out of wood, insulate it and have a friggin wood stove, made out of metal

live with nothing but men - well I guess Zach might be into this but I aint! :heh:

Vow to celibucy - are you fucking kiddin me !

Do nothin the rest of your life but study select scriptures written a few hundred years after a man died that the Jews said never existed - ALRIGHTY THEN!

Spend your spare time not speaking but chanting in obsolete tongue in a slow multi part drown like a european power metal band - Yea OK where do I sign up ?

NOT! Count me out, I gladly waited till 67 for Hendrix to show us what to do with chords

STUPID MONKS - Get it ?

Whew. This apple strayed a wee bit too far from the tree. :lol:

I don't think EoS is underrated. But Domination was too over-the-top IMO. *braces for flames*
I did like the bass intro though--it *somehow* reminded me of Thomas Miller.

I am one of the people who thinks Eve of Seduction is one of the best songs on the album. I remember posting something about it when the album first released and thinking it was underrated. It has one of the best of Allen's vocal performances on the album, plus, it has a great chorus that actually accentuates Pinnella's keys and reminds the listener there actually is a keyboard player in the band.

On another note, I think The Walls of Babylon is very overrated. It is indeed a good song but I think it gets a lot more praise than it deserves. The new album as a whole I have listened to many many countless times yet it has gotten somewhat boring lately. Even when it first came out even though it is a great album it just left me with a little disappointment due to having such a high expectation for it after many years of anticipation. It just doesn't have enough versatility to keep me interested as long as past SyX albums have. I know that people get burnt out on albums and are able to go back to them after a break; but, even though I know I will eventually go back and listen to it again and like it as much as before I still got tired of it way quicker than albums like DWoT, V, and even The Odyssey. I still consider V not only my favorite SyX album but my favorite album period. Even though I have heard through it an infinite amount of times I don't get burnt out on it too long and when I go back it still astounds me the same if not more than before. V is very versatile and because it is it stays interesting and never starts to grate on me.

I just listened to the "anymoooore" part and I thought it sounded quite awesome, haha.

as a well studied vocalist who is always looking for more information, i can tell it wasn't the most comfortable note he's even sang by a long shot... its not aweful or anything, sonically its pretty good, but i just think from a technical standpoint, it was out, and could have sounded much better with a better techinque which he now has for sure... russ absolutely blows me away like no other vocalist alive now.

I want to go listen to that note now...I hadn't noticed any strain, but there might very well be.

I just feel bad for Russell recording such high notes on the "Skies of Red-Winged Thunder" part in Walls of Babylon...because live it sounded VERY strained. At least he has the balls to attempt it every time though; by far the best vocal section of any S-X song for me is that part...it's so epic.

I want to go listen to that note now...I hadn't noticed any strain, but there might very well be.

I just feel bad for Russell recording such high notes on the "Skies of Red-Winged Thunder" part in Walls of Babylon...because live it sounded VERY strained. At least he has the balls to attempt it every time though; by far the best vocal section of any S-X song for me is that part...it's so epic.

he is a large voiced singer, singing a 90 minute set with a ton of songs that have those high notes and a lot of grit can affect your ability to sing high like that. Only recently have I realizd my ability to sing throughout that rand for the entire length of PL without strain, but that is with a much cleaner tone. If I try to use as much grit as Russ does, I'm usually tensed up and sounding a bit thin by the time the title track rolls along. And though its a bit of a relaxation as its not a terrible demanding song in terms of the grit factor, i'm still not recovered enough to then tackle Eve of Seduction.

Honestly though, live in Seattle when i saw them, I didn't catch a single miss by Russ...