...Ever cried to Opeth?

Sometimes I cry while listening to Bleak. I have a special connection to that song and especially the part at 6:41 makes me cry really often.
Once i cried while listening to the first solo of Windowpane, but i in that case i cried because of the beauty of the music.

I think I would have at some point. I usually get that worked up, almost crying feeling when I sit and listen to MAYH all the way through.

Caesar Metallius said:
I was in a garden, full of thorns and black roses, under the moonlight, and the notes of an Opeth album saturated my ears as I fell to one knee; at this moment, I wept. I wept out of control. So many tears fell from my brow, I almost bled. The very beauty and tragedy of life was bestowed within my heart, through the music. Oh, what emotion!

lmao
:tickled:

I didn't cry but I kinda teared up the first times I listened to MAYH and Still Life. Sitting there, headphones on, eyes closed, totally into the music and nothing else. Watching the stories unfold in my mind along with the music was really something else.

So what's wrong with some EMO anyway?

And, yes, I've cried to Opeth but it wasn't just the music. If you feel a lot it's not hard to cry to let's say "Weakness", as it's not hard to feel furious listening to "Deliverance".

Hearing Demon of the Fall and The Drapery Falls live does seem to stir up the emotions though. The music creates emotions but it' also works channeling emotions.

Dirge for November makes me reflect on moments of my life, but never any tears. My g/f cried at a show during the Damnation Tour which is still my favorite Opeth show yet. It was an amazing performance. Yeah I know there was nothing heavy, but everything sounded amazing. Akerfeldt was quite comical in between songs.

I can't wait for the new tour ! The setlist is their best yet IMHO. When, BWP, Baying of the Hounds, Melinda !!!!

opeth8 said:
...My g/f cried at a show during the Damnation Tour which is still my favorite Opeth show yet. It was an amazing performance. Yeah I know there was nothing heavy, but everything sounded amazing. Akerfeldt was quite comical in between songs....

Yeah, the show at Berklee w/Porcupine Tree was sensational. I took the entire family.
Closure was my favorite - phenominal extended version. And overall, the sound was so clean and powerful.

I've never cried while listening to them but I bet I would if I could see them live.
I cried during star wars though..

I've nearly cried while listening to Black Rose Immortal, about 9:40 or so when those accoustics come in. man that's beautiful.

also in The Night and The Silent Water, at 2:20. Such gloomy sounding riff.

oh and I just remembered. Nectar: 7:20 :cry:

the end of Demon made me shed 10000000000 tears tonight.

Going from the "Run Away" part right into the "In just one second" part is so perfect and amazing there are no words to describe it.

But ummm... ya, that particular lyric at that part kind of explains my pathetic troubles with an ex.

wow^ same here. that lyric always gets me...i always think about my julie when i hear that. runaway....runawayyyyyy, runawayyyyyyy......just one second....and i was left with nothing....Her fragrance still pulsating... through damp air...That day came to an end....And she had lost in me her credence...