...Ever cried to Opeth?

@zakk wylde child laiho":

dude, stop whining and moaning and get your ass up. you need to go out and grab you some chick inbetween your claws...believe me it's the best medicine for a lovelorn metal-warrior. :lol:

Saphira said:
In White Cluster when he was about to be hung I could picture him looking through the crowd and seeing Melinda, and for that one moment he was content again.
Except she dies in Serenity, but you know...

Haven't cried to an Opeth song anyway. Despite how depressing their music is, it usually makes me happy. It cheers me up after a bad day much better than happy music does.

I've cried to the Opeth forum. Does that count?

But seriously, I don't recall Opeth ever making me cry. But I suppose parts of MAYH could do it for me if I listened to them while I'm in a certain mindset. I have cried to other music (although I can't recall any specific band/song) but only in combination with other stuff going on in my life.

Playing the wrong song at the wrong time is awesome.

I remember that I could not get the grin out of my face when I heard an Opeth album for the first time...
But crying - never ! No matter if it is a sad or "evil" song, I get into a positive mood. - Or just into this Opeth-Feeling ;)

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
I only cry if Korn or Slpknot comes on the tv and i cant find the remote

:tickled: :tickled: same here

whoever cries to opeth...your gay, you let yourself down, stop being a pussy like metalcore kiddies, and grow up!!!

Hypnos said:
well, as a child (7/8 years old) i once wept while listening to Phil Collins' 'In The Air Tonight'...

Wow. I normally think of Miami Vice when I hear that. I was a four year old child living in Florida watching Sonny Crockett and Tubbs kick ass with my family.

I have cried while listening to Opeth on many occasions. It seems to happen most often during My Arms, Your Hearse, especially during the clean vocal part and the part following it on "April Ethereal," and the "when can I take you from this place..." part on "When." The acoustic part during "The Amen Corner" has elicited strong emotions from me, but I haven't cried during it. I've cried during "Bleak" many times before and during "The Drapery Falls" the first time I heard it. I may have cried during "Godhead's Lament," but I can't recall. Opeth is the only band that I've ever responded to so strongly. Heh, I feel so menstrual.

Wow, this thread rings a bell. Someone made one exactly like it about two years ago! Pretty similar responses, though. The honest ones, and 'we're-so-hardcore-crying-is-for-fags' ones.

But anyways - a few times, yup. Generally during periods of heavy depression, as you do. The time I remember most is during Requiem. Ah, the memories.

If you think you're a pussy for crying to opeth, your gay and nobody likes you, fall in a ditch and don't come out. You're worthless and probably only cry when someone hits you.

I've cried to...Isolation years and a few more.

yeah, I've "cried" to Opeth many times (including while seeing them play The Drapery Falls live at Graceland). its the power of music and not the subject that does this to me - I've cried during plenty of instrumental songs. so I guess 'moved to tears' is a better description than 'crying' for me anyway.