Ever run out of things to listen to?

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Does anyone else suffer from this problem? A minute ago I was staring at about edit: 80 c.ds (I was underestimating with just 50)and I couldn't decide which to play. Not because I wanted to play too many, but because none of them seemed to interest me. None of the mp3's did either...

I was standing there for ages like a freaking idiot in a video store.

Yeah, I get that on occasion...after a while, I just seem to be able to pre-empt every choice of music I make, as in I hear a very quick playing of the good bits in my head, so I don't see much point after that in playing it. It's a wonder how it happens when one has so much music to listen to.
Some CDs though decide to stand out after a while of being passed over in selection.

Originally posted by Ethereal Sage
It's a wonder how it happens when one has so much music to listen to.

That's the thing! I had everything at my fingertips. Opeth, Katatonia, Mayhem, Theatre of Tragedy, even fucking Iron Maiden and none of it seemed like something I'd like to lisen to at the moment. And this was from my 'favourites' collection....

And yeah, viscious cirlces are everywhere... can't you see them? :)

edit: Actually, I'd like to point out that Iron Maiden are nowhere near being my favourite band, or even in the top 30. I just happened to have a disk in the room.

I notice at these type of moment where one has no urge to listen to a particular CD one already owns, one either goes to get a new mp3/CD, or after a little while happens to experience music one already has in a new and somewhat interesting way.

Originally posted by Ethereal Sage
I notice at these type of moment where one has no urge to listen to a particular CD one already owns, one either goes to get a new mp3/CD, or after a little while happens to experience music one already has in a new and somewhat interesting way.

Yeesssss.... of course the alternative to those two options is not to listen to anything, and that's an impossibility, so something has to give.

Originally posted by requiem
Does anyone else suffer from this problem? A minute ago I was staring at about edit: 80 c.ds (I was underestimating with just 50)and I couldn't decide which to play. Not because I wanted to play too many, but because none of them seemed to interest me. None of the mp3's did either...

I was standing there for ages like a freaking idiot in a video store.

I know this situation!....if this happens ( not very often but from time to time... ) I usually take a break of max. 1 day without music....

Usually when I feel like something specific. Something with a specific amount of heaviness or is mellow to a specific degree or just sounds a certain way I can't find that among my CDs or mp3s. I usually go with the closest thing to what I feel like.

Originally posted by Hywel
Put something crap on and then you'll be craving good music - problem solved.

Yeah, but that's like breaking your finger to forget about the pain of a headache... the cure is worse than the disease.....

Originally posted by requiem

Yeah, but that's like breaking your finger to forget about the pain of a headache... the cure is worse than the disease.....

I was always a bit of a masochist though... sometimes its good to laugh at what the "others" listen to.