Evergrey depression....

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I have never heard Evergrey and I only have a 56K modem, what should I download to give me an idea as to what they sound like?

Uhm.... How about "Watching The Skies",
"Words Mean Nothing" and "Solitude Within"...
Those are a couple of my personal favourites...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Living out of dreams just leads to dissapointment. Dissapointment will keep you looking for dreams that are more and more unreal, yet they still dreams denied. You should try to break out while its not too late, because even if one of such dreams comes true you will feel like you lost your life for a dream that even if it makes you the happier person in the world for a second, doesnt fills the void that you left in your life when you where into your dreams denied....
¨

Misanthrope; you don't feel you're taking my
words a bit far? >:eek:) Hehe... It's not like I'm losing
control, but I must admit that Evergrey's
cancellation will keep me depressed for a couple
of months... But it doesn't hold back my life! :eek:)
I'm just in my usual depressed/happy state of
mind... I'm just floating on.... >:eek:)

Originally posted by Mayh
TravestyOfMan , care to describe them?

It has a fairly 'traditional' heavy metal sound, simple, yet moody and with a nice sweeping sound. Clean vocals, nice use of pianos, operatic voices, nice riff towards the end, not very heavy but still with a powerful sound. That's probably all I can say. I'm not too good at describing music, I usually just stick to the listening part. :)

Hehe, I'm resurrecting an old thread, because I want to say...

THANK YOU BLACKSPIRIT for calling attention to this album. I'm really loving it. I haven't turned it off for about 4 days now.

Getting into a new band is so much fun. :)

Their singer has such a unique voice! manages to be versatile enough for the operatic aspect, but with a cool smokey quality that gives him a slight jazz-y edge. Cool stuff, no less...

Originally posted by Lina
Hehe, I'm resurrecting an old thread, because I want to say...

THANK YOU BLACKSPIRIT for calling attention to this album. I'm really loving it. I haven't turned it off for about 4 days now.

Getting into a new band is so much fun. :)

Well, there I go. This was my goal! :eek:)
I just wanted more people to check this band out....

*Happy* :eek:)

The concet of this album is incredibly well done, and devoid of any trace of cheese or overdone fantasy devices, the spoken part of Different Worlds is an extremely haunting moment. And Sven Karlsson fucking rules on the keyboards,his work on The Masterplan, Watching The Skies, and Mark Of The Triangle kills me.

i have to thank blackspirit for reminding me about evergrey. i remember i had wanted to check them out a long time ago, but for some reason i forgot about them. i was wondering what cd i should get next, now i know.