EVERGREY on Headbangers Ball USA , this Saturday !

Damn, this comes as surprise...while I'm not sure if Evergrey appeals to the target audience that program has in mind, I welcome the additional exposure that this will provide. And since I've been waiting for the videos since RD was released, I'll sit through it until I see Evergrey...

They played it, and it was great because I didn't have to sit through an hour and a half of pure and utter shit just to see the video, like I did with Nevermore. *turns tv off*

I just saw it. It's my first exposure to the band and they're not really my normal style, but I liked it. Cool stuff. I thought I'd seen the name somewhere before so I came here and remembered the forum.

How cool was that to see on Headbangers Ball eh?! Anyone that didn't catch it can catch the re-run at 2am or on Tuesday at 2:30am EST (it shows within the first 20-25 minutes of the show).

"Blinded" is a very cool video! I think there were only two good videos after it...Arch Enemy's "We Will Rise" and Slayers' "Raining Blood". The Headbanger's Ball has gone to shit, but that's what happens when you let shit bands like Hatebreed host the show.

-Mark

Imagikafan said:
"Blinded" is a very cool video! I think there were only two good videos after it...Arch Enemy's "We Will Rise" and Slayers' "Raining Blood". The Headbanger's Ball has gone to shit, but that's what happens when you let shit bands like Hatebreed host the show.

-Mark

I was thinking the same thing. Hatebreed sucks!
:)

Why the hell does everybody bitch about Headbangers Ball? Lets do a quick sample of some of the bands they have played:

Death
Hate Eternal
Decapitated
Opeth
In Flames
Neurosis (wow)
Lamb of God
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Meshuggah
Soilwork
Slayer
Testament
Entombed

and now Evergrey, who I've never heard, but you all are acting like "ohhhh its time finally something good gets played on that show"

It pisses me off that good videos and music are actually getting on MTV again and people can't think of anything else but to bitch.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Why the hell does everybody bitch about Headbangers Ball? Lets do a quick sample of some of the bands they have played:

Opeth
Nevermore

and now Evergrey
From your list... I like these 3 bands. Doesn't sound like I'd like this "Headbanger's" Ball program either!

Yeah, from that list, I would say that I like....about 5:

Nevermore
Opeth
Death
Testament
Evergrey

And then, from my memory, you can add Strapping Young Lad to that list. But even if you had a list of twenty bands, it still wouldn't be good enough. This is a TWO HOUR show we are talking about, and they could definitely could do better. And to be honest, Opeth shouldn't even have been played, because it was Windowpane, and sure, the song is great, but it's not a "headbanging" song by any means. Furthermore, how often do they play these bands? To my knowledge, they only played Death once and they stopped playing Opeth after about two or three weeks. I'm not sure about Nevermore, I saw them on it twice, and then I just stopped watching it altogether, because I just couldn't stand most of the videos that they played. One or two good videos each week is not enough to keep me interested, and I would much rather just listen to a cd. So, I'll just stick to cds, and forget about Headbanger's Ball altogether......unless they play Evergrey again...or something.