Everon

NoSoup4you

Jan 6, 2005
My new favorite band! Anyone heard of them? While not having that much technical skill really, the songwriting is brilliant! I think overall I actually like them more than Symphony X. o_O

Man, where were you :) I am a big fan of this band too. But we might have known each other from the official forum, so it is no big deal for us.

Hey you SX freaks out there :) Raise your head, and listen to some great prog. rock coming out from Germany.

www.everon.de

very good band. the only thing i could fault them for is every cd sounds consistently the same... though, i guess you could consider it one extremely long album.......

still, good band.

turke said:
Most Everon songs are in a sad mood. So i doubt if you listened the same band we mentioned here...

that's odd because if you compare them to opeth, it's not even close to as dark. They remind me of a mixture of angra and stratovarius, but less technical. I like angra, but I haven't really gotten into stratovarius.

well comparing prog/alternative rock to death metal will often yield that conclusion...

the point being made is: although musically they appear at the surface to be a whimsical and lighthearted band, their subject matter is far from it.

Their lyrics often deal with human nature, life in general, etc. Listen to the song "Paradoxes," the singing's not too great on that album but it's some amazing songwriting.

Everyone interested in what I'd call Everon' masterpiece, go and get the song "Flesh" (which is far from being light-hearted or anything, by the way). The album of the same name is rather boring (too many wave-ish ballads), but that is one brillant song.

Flood is one of my favorite albums....and hell its 10 years old....some very powerful momments on that disc... and by contrast...they have always seemed to have a darkish mood to me...definetely not "happy"....

Are some of you even listening to the same band? Angra? Stratovarius? Everon are also one of my fave bands, their lyrical content is often about Oliver's(vocals/guitar/keys) experiences in relationships especially on their later albums, and this combined with the stellar music makes it extremely emotional. This band are amazing at giving me goosebumps moreso on their ballads such as Not This Time (my new fave song of all time), May You, Real Escape/Whatever It Takes, Back in Sight, When The Day Breaks and so on. Their music is technical in parts but it's not over the top and the music always fit the songs and doesn't feel out of place regardless of the songs length. The easiest genre to pigeon hole them in is prog rock with a harder edge although they sound like no-one else. They also incorporate a few 'mainstream' influences into their sounds such as Tori Amos. Rush was a big influence on their first 2 albums where the music was more keyboard laden.

If this thread goes to a second page, i will make that day a "fest" for Everon :) At last, one of my favorite bands is getting more reputation in some forums in the net. But of course i don't know if "the more reputaion, the better things get" is true or not. Look at Dream Theater, for example.

i'd have to agree there, but lets not sidetrack as usually mentioning that band causes a whole seperate debate. i really wish everon would update their website, or release a new album

After listening to Everon, I can't decide whether I like them or not. I suppose they'll be one of those bands that will grow on me. They're definately different though, which is good.

Fantasma's supposed to be their best but I haven't heard anything off it. I guess from personal experience I'd recommend Bridge.

Everyone, who is willing to check out this band, must absolutely get "Flesh" first. The musicianship on this album is the best they have made. For me of course... You must also hear the voice of "Judith Stuber" who is making vocals on two of the songs. You will be amazed by her talent.

Fantasma is my choice for their strongest album, it's got the lot, followed by Bridge then Flesh. The first 3 albums are pretty even, but Venus does have the magnificent Until The Day Breaks and if it wasn't for this song I wouldn't have taken the plunge to buy another Everon album. Ever since I did just that, their whole discography has fitted together nicely and I enjoy them so much now. It took me 6 years to realise how good they were after only having Venus for that length of time!