EverTune 7 String Bridge

Fbarre

Oct 27, 2010
I just discovered that there's an 7 string EverTune available now and it seems to work just as it's being advertized. Wanted to share this here since nobody did yet. Lots of different guitarists using them now... I'm completely blown away by these video demos...

Seriously this bridge seems to work better than I would have thought. I really need to try one out myself. I can remember reading about it some time ago but it didn't appear to be that promising. There are not many guitar brands offering it factory installed at the moment so it's probably more suited for custom builds right now. I'm not really much into routing my guitars but I would really like to see this being used in some more better known guitar brands. Did anyone here try it out themselves already? Also the true Temperament Frets seem to be really cool as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
This really seems to be cool and actually makes that heavy sludgy picking work like Ola showed in that video.

The only thing that I'm worried about is all the small bends that I do when I'm soloing and even in some riffs. And vibrato f.ex... it's going to kill vibrato right? Since vibrato is a slight out of tune thing.

Anyways I was expecting this bridge to cost the amount that those guitars cost so it definitely not overpriced.

I never understood why the tempered fretboard hasn't had a major breakthrough. Everyone that had any recording experience know tuning is a BITCH, sometimes you spend as much time tuning just as much as you record in effective time and that is freakin borring.

Would love to get a guitar like that for rythm recordings. And how great doesn't Ola play :D

@Clark it really depends on how you set the bridge up to react to the bendings. You can have it set up just like a normal guitar with working bendings and vibrato even if it's subtle. I didn't understand it first too but no matter if you set up the bridge to bend or to have the same constant pitch the strings don't go out of tune. There's an in-depth explanation about it on the website together with a video I think.

@crillemannen I'm completely with you on the tuning. Every guitar I had so far always started to go out of tune even if only for a few cents and don't get me started on intonation... As far as I understand it's not even necessary to retune the guitar after changing out the strings, as long as the new strings have the same gauges.

Well I'm sold that's for sure... On this tour I haven't tuned my Solar6 with Evertune since I got it back from the installer. Now I can worry about other shit instead... The installation going from floyd to evertune is kinda harsh, you have to block up some parts at the front. But if you're going for say a hipshot or a fixed bridge the installation would be cleaner.

I already saw your post on Facebook Ola! Did you notice any change in tone after the installation or added weight? How comfortable does it feel? I'm so excited right now that I'm getting a bit dizzy already. :)

awesome concept, not digging the look but that doesn't matter imho, great thing for the studio especially!
My jaw dropped when I saw the prices, thought it would be way more expensive, but it's really affordable
-good job Evertune and VGS!

I don't supposed any of these will fit on a schecter hellraiser c1, right? I don't know much about the physical parts of guitars, but it doesn't look possible to me.

I think the G model will as they use it to replace TOM bridges. Better check with EverTune directly if a clean install can be done before doing anything to your guitar.

I'm GASing for this for sure.. the only problem is that don't really have tuning issues with my guitars so it would mean that I'd have to buy one of those guitars. Kind of a GAS killer to be honest. :S