Evidence of Opeth's popularity

x_OPETH_x

Feb 12, 2003
Boston, MA
www.myspace.com
I was at Best Buy the other day (buying the new Opeth, of course), and as soon as I pick the CD off the rack, lo and behold! "In my time of need" begins playing on the store's loudspeakers!!!! I was shocked, and so was the employee next to me, who apparently was also an opeth fan. Just thought I'd share that interesting tidbit

I work at FutureShop, Canada's version of BestBuy (owned by the same company) and we don't sell Opeth! Pisses me off, too 'cause our web site has it listed, but it's never in stock.

It's funny, out of 60 or so employees, i know about 10 people at my store that are into all sorts of metal. I love working there! :cool:

Innbydelse said:
just that?

:yell:

You really like that face don't you? :)

I wish they'd get higher up but I doubt it. I mean society that likes 50 Cent this much can't appreciate good music.

I'll throw myself in the open and expect a hazing by saying that I like (or used to like) hip hop, and I knew a hella lot about it. In fact you might say I'm an expert. :cool: But yeah, let me tell you 50 Cent is not hip hop. It's crap pop rap. Ugh.

as soon as i hear Windowpane on the radio ( by luck since i never listen to the radio ) i would finally realize that a crazed metal fan held up a radio station so they could play that.

i would do that....since all i hear is the most useless over played, pathetic, sorry execuse for noise ive ever heard.

thats badass that you heard that IN AN AMERICAN MAINSTREAM STORE

x_OPETH_x said:
I was at Best Buy the other day (buying the new Opeth, of course), and as soon as I pick the CD off the rack, lo and behold! "In my time of need" begins playing on the store's loudspeakers!!!! I was shocked, and so was the employee next to me, who apparently was also an opeth fan. Just thought I'd share that interesting tidbit

What best buy did you go to? I was just at one on Colonial kinda near downtown orlando and they played the same song.... odd stuff indeed.

Ive never heard Opeth except for at my house or a friends, on the cd player of a car or on stage, except for when I went to their instore signing. And while Im glad that its so commercial that its destroyed by idiot teens, sometimes it would be nice to hear it out of nowhere, without putting it on myself. It would really life my day

ChrisEmerson said:
you never hear ANY metal in hmv. at least not the one near me. it sucks.

i always buy from local record shops, they're usually a hell of a lot cheaper than £14 odd at HMV :)