Popularity of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe!

Internet forum mods have a thankless task most of the time and for that I thank them!!

Mr Samsara is doin just fine here atm, he's also a big Opeth fan sooo give the good man some slack ffs b4 he stacks and leaves.

That would be the end here cos Mike and Anna have much more important things to do and some of the off the wall speculations about the future and current band members is sickening for them to read at times. imho

For me these forums are an educational medium and I am better for reading some of them.

Sadly some really good ones have been comandeered by destructive elements and hidden agenda missionarys who have wreaked havoc in the firmaments, the after shocks rippling around the globe many years after.

Check out this little skirmish that broke out some days ago in a really cool and useful music forum along with some excellent moderation...:kickass:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=448250&postcount=93

I wonder how many here will figure out the plot / story there? it's hilarious. :lol:

Click on top right corner to link into the thread fyi. ;)

Best regards Mr S. :saint:

Well, if the forum is only filled with 'fanboys', which for some incomprehensible reason cannot use the Search function, there really isn't much left but to derail their threads, for personal gain. I mean come on, how can you point the finger like that, i'm sure everyone here does the same! lt's it's the int0rnet ffs. Plus it's fun to watch him 'lol, faggot' the n00bs. Admit it though, this forum would be pretty dead (now with the absence of NFU) if it weren't for him and other such personalities keeping it going. Despite what you may think.

You only post on the Opeth and Katatonia forums so that pretty much voids your opinion.

I'm starting to feel faint. Perhaps my time draws near.

come on, what would HE say? :mad:

bobsmoke2.jpg

dont give up the fight!! :cool:

however, you don't help in improving this forum at all. I can't remember you making one of these "provocative and informative" threads. instead you derail others' threads just for your personal fun. the forum is what you make out of it, retard.

lmao admit that you have a big grudge inside of you because the last thread that you made was completely unsuccessful

I'm starting to feel faint. Perhaps my time draws near.

Well it's never too late. It's a largely thankless job. I think there's only so long that you can keep yourself going on the idea that you're giving something back to one of your favourite bands.

One person, even if backed with a clear-cut set of rules isn't enough to change the fundamental nature of a community. This place has come to attract a certain sort of person, and that decline in the community has only cascaded over the years. Maybe it will get better some day in the future. Maybe one day it will get shut, or re-built, or moved and things may revert to sunnier days, but there's no guarantee that will last either.

Welp... guess what? I'm not going anywhere. HA! This community may be the red headed step child of the music world, but it's Mike's... and I'm the babysitter. Even the best babysitters eventually need to go lock themselves in the bathroom and scream for a minute or 2 and then come back out and get back to business. I think I'm ready to come out of the bathroom now. Sorry, brats! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.