Quality of the forum improved?

When I joined the forum I read almost every thread that was started at the time. Also, I think people were a lot more polite to eachother back then. I mean, I have nothing against shit throwing if it's made in good fun, but sometimes (read: very often) people on this board act like it's the 4chanforums, minus the fun parts. Woah, serious reply ftw. And a good night to you all.

IMO this forum is fairly boring. Not necessarily because of any of the posters here (though I do miss some of the more fun members who used to frequent the forum), but simply because there's only a certain amount of topics you can make about Opeth before you start recycling the same old shit. Hence why we have a billion "best song" or "best album" polls/threads. I still like coming by now and then, but I preferred it back in 2005-2006.

The Opeth forum is such more interesting than other band forums... (though I haven't seen 'em all)

+1 i agree.ok maybe i'm new but i love this forum with shit threads and the best threads :D it is still funny and atmosphere is good in my opinion.i believe this forum will be better so nobody should worry about it...:headbang: i love you guys =))

IMO this forum is fairly boring. Not necessarily because of any of the posters here (though I do miss some of the more fun members who used to frequent the forum), but simply because there's only a certain amount of topics you can make about Opeth before you start recycling the same old shit. Hence why we have a billion "best song" or "best album" polls/threads. I still like coming by now and then, but I preferred it back in 2005-2006.

Actually, this forum is much better than it was back then in terms of recycling threads, since there wasn't the Off Topic section.

What ever happened to NFU?

Ninefeetunderground was/is an arrogant freak. He was critical of everyone who did'nt agree with him. I had a number of clashes with him in 2006. But, he did have good taste in music, it was just the way he presented himself, very condascending to others on here.:heh: The most informative, and the poster who substantiates every thing he says is "The Hubster."

The middle period between albums is always the peak of the forum, then a new album is announced and the chaos begins and lasts for a good 2 months after the album is released. Once it's been out a few months noobs leave and it goes back to normal.

this maysound odd and totallyunbeleivable but I had no idea Opeth had a new album coming out when I joined the forum. This was when I was REALLY starting to get into Opeth, andnow tthey are my favorite band.

I was gonna say, I've just come back from a night out on the piss and came on to listen to some tunes before sleep; and I have better grammar/punctuation than you :lol:.

I remember back to the Deliverance era, this forum was a very different place. Most people were genuinely interested in making intelligent conversation. There was no annoying sigs and not nearly as much BS. You could actually read through a thread and not get annoyed at stupid one liners or even one word posts.

I think some people just spend Way to much time here. They eventually get board, and then end up starting trouble. Over the years my ignore list has grown quite massive. But I agree there are a handful of you guys I really enjoy interacting with. You share opinions from different lifestyles and even different corners of the earth which is what makes this forum great sometimes.