Has the Opeth forum lost it's way?

you guys are pathetic, your going to get whats coming to you.

if anybody has been on the ibanez forums of late, you will know what im talking about

you can delete this thread if you want, im not going to try and express my opinion again because ill just get people saying im gay and that i should go to another forum.

ta ta

I could be mistaken, but you appear to be taking my post personally... which is fine I guess if you wish to... but my post was casting a wide net. read most of these posts and it's mostly whining. I've heard this style of whining for years here. I dislike it immensely. Unless you actually are one of the many who whine about how bad this place sucks without actually leading by example ...posting well, helping the noobs, ignoring the trolls, etc... then you have no reason to believe that post was directed at you at all. Not any more than I think the "I have special distain I reserve for people who don't let other have an opinion" comment was directed at me.... since I'm not one of those people.

Not taking it personally at all, what I am really getting at is that this used to be a very good forum and I think it has slipped. Maybe if the mods did a little more leading by example and some better moderation then it could o back to the way it was...just suggesting is all.

you guys are pathetic, your going to get whats coming to you.

if anybody has been on the ibanez forums of late, you will know what im talking about

you can delete this thread if you want, im not going to try and express my opinion again because ill just get people saying im gay and that i should go to another forum.

ta ta

THANK YOU!

Can I just give you all a piece of advice?
Here's how to stop the hate:
When someone gives you the 'shit thread' slag, then DON'T RESPOND!
See, you fuckers always do (you just can't help, can you) and then the shit starts - and it's like three pages of, 'oh yeah - well fuck you too', etc blah

So maybe DON'T RESPOND, and you'll have better luck next time?
Ha ha

Can I just give you all a piece of advice?
Here's how to stop the hate:
When someone gives you the 'shit thread' slag, then DON'T RESPOND!
See, you fuckers always do (you just can't help, can you) and then the shit starts - and it's like three pages of, 'oh yeah - well fuck you too', etc blah

So maybe DON'T RESPOND, and you'll have better luck next time?
Ha ha

Shit post...:lol:

Mods here need to learn how to Mod properly so that stuff like this does not happen. It's not hard, the LORD forum on UM works really well imo. Mods here could learn a bit from them and the forum itself. This is just a personal observation and maybe some constructive criticism.

Mods please lock this thread now so it can die and go onto page two.

Thank you.

Shit post...:lol:

Mods here need to learn how to Mod properly so that stuff like this does not happen. It's not hard, the LORD forum on UM works really well imo. Mods here could learn a bit from them and the forum itself. This is just a personal observation and maybe some constructive criticism.

Mods please lock this thread now so it can die and go onto page two.

Thank you.

Why don't you PM me your list of suggestions and I'll see what I can do to be a mod that measures up to your expectations.

This forum was undoubtly more interesting a while back but is overrun with alot of absolute bollox. Theres nothing wrong with asking questions that more knowledgeable folks will have heard before but i have found myself having a distaste for the cuntish cock-smokers that piss over anything that gets relativley close to an interesting thread.:Smug:

^ Agreed.

Now, I know that I haven't been here long, so my say probably isn't as "important" than some others, but from what I've seen, I think I can sum up why some may think this forum has lost its way.

First of all, limitation. It's not one of the major ones, but as good of a band as Opeth is, you can only really talk about them for so long. If you could talk about more than just Opeth in this forum (I do understand that there is another forum or subforum for this, but I think that just separates the forum members into two groups, instead of combining them). If there were to be a more varied collection of topics (ones that didn't always relate to Opeth), you could have an easier time finding a thread that is enjoyable to participate in.

Second of all, fighting. THIS is the major one. Almost every damn thread I've been in has some sort of argument in it. How the hell do you plan enjoying a thread if you shoot it down before it has a chance to truly lift off? Nothing kills a thread like an argument, and too many can kill a forum. Who wants to create a thread with the high probability that it's just going to get shot to hell?

I'm sure the flood of "newbies" that don't really have much to say other than "I love Opeth!", "Do you all love Opeth?", and "Do you all love Opeth more than I love Opeth?" fuels some of the hate that you all seem to have, but keep in mind that they WILL either go away, or mold to make more intelligent sentences. There's only so many times that you can say you love Opeth before it gets repetitive. So be patient!

It's hard to judge what should be deleted and what shouldn't. Differentiating jokes and trolling, abuse and jibes etc...

I agree with the posts earlier on regarding shitty posts and threads: just try to ignore them.

I've only started posting here frequently recently and though I've come across some idiotic posts I've had a few decent convos and learned a bit about Opeth.

It's the same with every forum. I see this one working quite fine although there are a reasonable amount of annoying people here. But not really more than on other forums.

And oh yeah, I have a lot of experience from many forums and always some vets will go like "this place isn't what it used to be". I don't really know what it's about, but yeah, the DO take it a litle bit too seriously when they go like that. Luckily not everyone's like that.

^ Agreed.

Now, I know that I haven't been here long, so my say probably isn't as "important" than some others, but from what I've seen, I think I can sum up why some may think this forum has lost its way.

First of all, limitation. It's not one of the major ones, but as good of a band as Opeth is, you can only really talk about them for so long. If you could talk about more than just Opeth in this forum (I do understand that there is another forum or subforum for this, but I think that just separates the forum members into two groups, instead of combining them). If there were to be a more varied collection of topics (ones that didn't always relate to Opeth), you could have an easier time finding a thread that is enjoyable to participate in.

Second of all, fighting. THIS is the major one. Almost every damn thread I've been in has some sort of argument in it. How the hell do you plan enjoying a thread if you shoot it down before it has a chance to truly lift off? Nothing kills a thread like an argument, and too many can kill a forum. Who wants to create a thread with the high probability that it's just going to get shot to hell?

I'm sure the flood of "newbies" that don't really have much to say other than "I love Opeth!", "Do you all love Opeth?", and "Do you all love Opeth more than I love Opeth?" fuels some of the hate that you all seem to have, but keep in mind that they WILL either go away, or mold to make more intelligent sentences. There's only so many times that you can say you love Opeth before it gets repetitive. So be patient!

Some good points. Especially the one on forum topics. That's a fantastic idea. I've seen many other forums with different topics listed within the forum. And from what I've seen, this is the most popular forum on the UM site. I agree with the topic idea. It's too boggled right now; not enough organization. Topic lists would save many from sifting through "shit threads", or just pages and pages of random threads, in order to get to the thread they're looking for. Yes, there is the search function, but half the time you want to look something up, it's still unorganized, and there may be another hundred pages of threads to sift through. As of lately, one of the topics could be "Complaints"!! Anyway, I think that's a great idea. Whatcha say, Sam?

On a side note, whenever I see Samsara posting, the first thing I see is his avatar, and I go, "Oh shit, he's stressed again!".:lol:

There should be a thread starter limit, like you could open one thread per week, and noobs shouldn't be able to start threads. You should have at least posted 50 replys or something.

There should be a thread starter limit, like you could open one thread per week, and noobs shouldn't be able to start threads. You should have at least posted 50 replys or something.

This is fucking retarded. What if the noobs are intelligent posters with something interesting to say? This ''noob'' shit doesn't make sense at all, any dumb shit can make 2345 posts.

This is fucking retarded. What if the noobs are intelligent posters with something interesting to say? This ''noob'' shit doesn't make sense at all, any dumb shit can make 2345 posts.

you have a good point, but i disagree with u. alot of the shit posts on this forum seem to be from people who join the forum just to post a thread with a question that could be answered using the search function. allowing a user to not post a thread until 50-100 decent posts (maybe we should get a few more Mod's who are trusting and can keep up on this) have been made. i feel like when i come to this forum i am sifting through mounds of junk email in order to find the 2 emails i was looking for.

no offense to samsara, but this forum is too big for just one Mod. it can only go downhill from here unless more Mods are added.

Good Lord, people. Stop treating the symptomes when the actual cure is staring everyone in the face. The posters/members make the forum. Not the moderator, or the organization of threads and topics, or some posting limit, or some "noob" rule, or whatever. Stop talking about it and do something about it. Stop whining about the noobs and coach them. Stop bitching about the lack of interesting threads and posts, and make some instead. Stop fighting about fighting, ignore the trolls, and contribute in a positive, constructive, interesting way. If you all did that... there would be WAY less to bitch about. I guarantee it.