Has the Opeth forum lost it's way?

an internet barrage, is that suposed to mean something serious??

and all you can say is that this is adding to the shit, im gay, im a troll, this has already been covered, find another forum.

im not trying to be a troll, im trying to help, this forum needs fixing i think, or some kind of monitoring of posts and threads.

im a fan of opeth, and there are not 2 forums. i would like to be able to use this one. but its becoming pretty hard.
even if i started a good thread chances are someone would say i was a gay troll who should go to another forum.

I don't remember calling you gay. Right now you are trolling. This is a useless thread, and yes, THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE! That's all I can say. If you don't like this forum, find another. If you can't find another, create one. If you continue adding posts like this, the majority of the forum members will disapprove and/or flame you relentlessly. That's what I meant by barrage. If you lay off and start adding useful or fun posts, people will start to forget this thread.

I am only giving you advice right now, so instead of taking it as criticism, take into consideration.

*Looks at number of posts*

.......And......why does your opinion count? Sorry to sound like a douche, but you only have 15 posts, man. Did you have an older account or something?

Congratulations..you win the Ultimate Douche Bag award. Please see that little brown hole called my Anus for your award:rolleyes:

I agree with ever dying - I think these 'trolls' are hilarious. I chuckle every time I think about TOP OPTH FAN's 'opeths style black metals rebel' tribute, and that thread has stuck with me a lot more than any 'intellectual' threads have - and that guy was banned for being a 'troll'! Unless you spend a huge portion of your day at this forum and it's integral to your life, I don't think its status should bother you that much. If you visit, look around, don't see anything that interests you, why not just say, 'Meh, oh well,' and then go do something else? Just have fun, and don't get worked up over it.

I hope Mikael sees all this shit and tells all of you how gay you are and that he wished fans like you would die of brain cancer.

Samsara, not to be an ass or anything, but last I check it IS your job to clean this place up. The word Moderator comes from Moderation, as in balance and upkeep. There have been a very large number of "I love this song so much, so shut up if you don't like it" threads lately, and it's just tedious to sift through them all.

Just saying, you certainly didn't hesitate to clean up after people during the leak. Indeed, you were banning people left right and center.

rorix

That's true. However, as I teach my kids, just because I am willing to pick up something for them if it's on the ground because I love them and we're a family and all live in the same house, etc..... that's not a free pass to throw thier stuff on the floor expecting me to follow them around like some sort of maid. I love my job here. I gladly work hours every day trying to find the balance between being completely invisible and being the "forum nazi" as I've laughably been called in the past. It's just unfair that posters thoughtlessly create threads with the expectation that I'm just going to follow up immediately and keep everything neat and tidy while they are off making a mess in another part or our house/forum. I'm nobody's bitch. I hope that makes sense.

Mr Samsara: I think you should get some help. I do agree with rorix_bladething. Comparing to other forums this forum is in need of more moderators. I have said this before. You do a good job but you may need some help to make this forum a friendlier place. :)

Mr Samsara: I think you should get some help. I do agree with rorix_bladething. Comparing to other forums this forum is in need of more moderators. I have said this before. You do a good job but you may need some help to make this forum a friendlier place. :)

I don't make this forum a friendly place. The members do. As moderator, I don't have members send me each post so I can edit and approve it before it's posted. I don't have a magic pez dispenser to disseminate bits of common sense and courtesy. Adding more moderators would not fix that situation either. Frankly, it will only make my job more difficult.... and if any of you were lobbying for the position.....be careful what you wish for. :moonlapse: I love it... but I'm a sick individual.

As moderator, I promise to post nothing but Hello Kitty until everyone leaves. Then I will rebuild anew.

I don't make this forum a friendly place. The members do. As moderator, I don't have members send me each post so I can edit and approve it before it's posted. I don't have a magic pez dispenser to disseminate bits of common sense and courtesy. Adding more moderators would not fix that situation either. Frankly, it will only make my job more difficult.... and if any of you were lobbying for the position.....be careful what you wish for. :moonlapse: I love it... but I'm a sick individual.

You have high thoughts about people. I don't.

Keep up the good work, Sam, we all really appreciate it.

God knows it can't be easy moderating this place lately...