Quality of the forum improved?

Carta's

Carta's > Sex
I felt the urge to make a thread like this, after I read again this thread from the last year.
I really do think the quality of this forum has improved since, and I really don't know why. Maybe it's beacuse I started hanging more at the Non-Opeth board than here, though I still read and post quite frequently.

I miss some of the old users, even the more "trollish" ones, which I believe have quite calmed down since last year; some of the "good ones" started posting less and less (in_absentia, soundave, lothlorien...). Well, where I'm trying to go is that this forum feels to me now more like a community mostly free of hate.

I believe this improvement has been also from some of the "new" posters (not really new, since where around before but back then didn't contribute as much: I'm talking about in_my_time_of_disease, illidan, bluesky, those guys).

Lol, I was thinking that the old thread I linked was complaining about the forum shittiness BEFORE it actually reached it's zenith, which I think was with the advent of cerberus_III and his company. I really felt like stopping posting then, luckily I went on, this forum is much better now.

Guess this is quite an useless thread, but hey, I wanted to close this Forum-Popularity saga.

Since I'm here, I may ask a question to those of you who have been longer than others: is it always like this? I mean, we reach the top of the turd's pile just before an album is released, then discuss it for a while, release the tension, and the forum actually gets better? I've only been lurking here since 2006 and as my profile says I registered in may 2007, when this "shit forum" was raging like wildfire. I wonder if in a couple of years, before the release of the next album, we will be flaming like there's no tomorrow and whining about the forum. Yeah, life is a circle, I guess this forum is too.

To anyone who's read this relieving post through, well, thank you too, but, if you've been around since 2007 or around there, how do you feel this forum has changed over an year's span?

Last but not least: thanks, Mr Sam, your work has been going unnoticed for quite a while, so I guess you're doing a great job if nobody's complaining (too much) lol.
EDIT: this is not asskissing lol.

^His last post was in that topic I linked. He got tired to be blamed for the shittiness of the forum, and simply vanished.

i dont really know what happened to this forum to be honest. i know many people blame me and others like me for what its become. that may or may not be justified, i dont really know...and care even less. although i do know there was a time when people were excited about posting here. they were excited about Opeth...and things related to Opeth.

i cant say any individual posters can be responsible for that lack of interest...can any of you? maybe the band or the board itself is somewhat to blame here. i know i stirred up a lot of shit in the past, but is it merely coincidence that in that period of time, this forum was a booming post typhoon, and now everyone seems to be just rehashing the same topics or complaining about the lack thereof?

im not vouching for the opethforum.net or erksylvania crowd...seeing as most of them hate me as well anyway, but theyre not entirely to blame either in my eyes. for a message board to work, people have to contribute...and nobody is contributing anymore. people just want the entertainment to be there before they log in. it doesnt really work that way.

underneath my "loltaste" and uber sarcasm facade (which most of you took only at face value and far too seriously) was a motive of informing/encouraging all types of music and thinking for yourselves about it and why you should. to be controversial was the only way to really get peoples attention. being sugar coated and nice didnt really do much. and so for me to have a bit of fun at some peoples expense (due to their own insecurities mind you) was something extra.

the point is i think Opeth has potential to still be a stellar band. i know theyve had a lot of changes recently, but what great lasting bands havent really (besides rush maybe). stop complaining, and make an effort to contribute something interesting. or simply dont worry about posting anymore. or if you think theres nothing wrong with the forum right now, then power to you. but stop pointing the finger at everyone else as a means to justify why this place has become boring to so many of you. the trouble makers are gone.

i felt compelled to share my opinion on this matter. but this will probably be my last post here.
Fourth page, last post.

While I agree with the fact that the quality of the forum has improved, I do wonder if the fun factor on this forum has improved the last couple of months..

IMO, no.. More serious discussion, a good and a bad thing..
So let me tell you something..

Send in the trolls! :erk:

No NFU = Shittier Forum

Seen lots of posters come & go the 4 years I've been on here.
Whatever happened to the fat guitarist from Maine ??
or the crazy dude from Montreal...was it Blarney ??

No NFU = Shittier Forum

Seen lots of posters come & go the 4 years I've been on here.
Whatever happened to the fat guitarist from Maine ??
or the crazy dude from Montreal...was it Blarney ??

I believe Tubbs still posts from time to time.

I know Im still a noob here but things have changed alot since Ive been here. I remember when the shit threads were coming out like Elton John and since Mr. S laid down the law it all stopped. Anyway I love this place and hope it stays the way it is. And by the way Carta's, thanks for starting a thread like this.

I don't know if it means "better" but the place is definitely quieter than a couple of months ago, which is normal considering that new albums always spark fiery debates and after some time everyone settles down.

I don't know if it means "better" but the place is definitely quieter than a couple of months ago, which is normal considering that new albums always spark fiery debates and after some time everyone settles down.

I thought there was quite a lot of Watershed talk going on. mind you, I didn't get into the band until after GR was released so I don't really know how much discussion new albums spawned back then.

I can't tell if the forum has gotten better because I haven't been posting here as much. It got pretty bad, almost every other post were people flaming each other it seemed. After my posts/photoshopeth's started getting one smart ass comment after the other I haven't been very interested in this forum. Some of my other favorite bands here have great forums, Opeth - not so much..