Has the Opeth forum lost it's way?

what if people are running out of Opeth topics to talk about?

well,don't worry about this.if they are really opeth fans they won't run out of Opeth topics to talk about.we have got a mutual point in this forum:)it's opeth.Ok,i'm new in this forum.but i didn't talk about it Mendez haircuts and which member is your fav, and who is the hottest member of Opeth!!! bla bla bla.if i talk about mendez haircuts,it's not make me a noob. :D we are here for share everything about Opeth.even mendez haircuts :)))

Oh this is the super intellectual opeth forum that we only speak about opeths deep musical directions! Fuck that! I want to be fag and talk about Mendezes hair cut!

Good Lord, people. Stop treating the symptomes when the actual cure is staring everyone in the face. The posters/members make the forum. Not the moderator, or the organization of threads and topics, or some posting limit, or some "noob" rule, or whatever. Stop talking about it and do something about it. Stop whining about the noobs and coach them. Stop bitching about the lack of interesting threads and posts, and make some instead. Stop fighting about fighting, ignore the trolls, and contribute in a positive, constructive, interesting way. If you all did that... there would be WAY less to bitch about. I guarantee it.

If I knew how to do it, I'd organize topics within the forum. There already is a Non-Opeth music forum, so that's a start. But even that's too general. The powers that be (on the forum, that is) should really get together and actually consider this. Seriously, I think part of the problem is that there are so many threads about so much stuff, and so much of the same stuff, that people are left to sift through muck to find a thread of interest. I think it has less to do with "noobs" than people think. Sure, trolls are a pain in the ass, but even if nobody "feeds" them, it doesn't mean they'll go away. I'm telling ya, topics and organization are the way to go (you here me, anarchists?!?). Example: Totally non-music related, but I had an interest in learning to skydive (until I found out I can't afford it), so I started going to dropzone.com. Man, they got their shit together!! If a "noob" or "oldie" are looking for an answer, you find that shit QUICK, son!! :cool:

Of course there will be the "noob" who asks a dumb question just for a response, but I bet the not nearly as many as the current way the forum is set up. Sam, you definitely got your hands full, and I think categorizing this forum will make it easier on you. Like I've already said, the Opeth forum is the most popular on UM. I'm just saying think about it. It might (probably will) help!:cool:

I think you lot just need an additional "Show us your cock and talk about pooing" subforum for fucking about in, and the main ones would become quite respectable places overnight.