Popularity of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael Åkerfeldt;6367215 said:
Oh, and bring back the photoshop thing, that's the best shit we've ever had here. The pic with the golfer me holding 2 Mendez kids is a classic. We have all downloaded the best images on our personal laptops and it fucking cracks us up! And if I may put forward a personal wich, I'd like to see some photoshop experiments with Fredrik.

Cheers
Mike

lmao. amazing

There is always downtime in between records on the forums, when the new song titles appear, album art, samples, new dvd, album release date etc...this forum will blow back up again with new epic discussions,rants and complaints. It runs its own cycle like mother nature, I see this on all forums not just this one.

No worries guys, I wasn't fishing for attention, just wanted to make sure you realize we have the forum because of you.
As far as I know it's the biggest forum on Ultimate metal and we'll have it for as long as there's interest and a nice mix of threads.
The band is in hibernation now and we're not considered "hot" at the time, but once we come back with new info, new music etc, you'll have some more topics to dissect I'm sure.

Oh, and bring back the photoshop thing, that's the best shit we've ever had here. The pic with the golfer me holding 2 Mendez kids is a classic. We have all downloaded the best images on our personal laptops and it fucking cracks us up! And if I may put forward a personal wich, I'd like to see some photoshop experiments with Fredrik.

Cheers
Mike

Always the man Mike, loving your style!

this forum is cool so far, no one has been a dick yet although im sure it will probably happen in the future
but life is filled with dicks and people take it way too personally
i was on this site once and left due to people being assholes on the CoB forum but i honestly dont give a shit anymore

don’t resort to a personal attack. It shows you to be an ass.

Oh, and speaking of whining… WAZ. FTLOG man shut it. Why don’t you talk to MetalAges and buy your own fucking forum and post a song a day there. “im fuckin tired of it...!!!!.....” ?!? Go fuck yourself.

I'm entering this discussion later than most, but... I've been around here for over 3 years (reading mostly) and I think the decline started right around the time Moonlapse stopped moderating. I liked his style - hands on, assertive, but not sarcastic or condescending. I was sad to see him go.

Now, the forum has turned into a daycare center for the emotionally vacant. A few winners, and a whole lot of losers. I just hope things brighten up when the next album comes out.

^Masterful passive agression skills, wwallinga.

The Waz comment has a LOT of history behind it. I don't know if you're ignorant of it (the history), or choose to ignore it for the sake of trying to pwn the moderator here but I stand by that comment.

As for the forum falling apart as soon as Ermin stepped aside... perhaps the other members or Ermin himself would like to comment on this issue.

It's clearly the fault of the moderator.

We have all downloaded the best images on our personal laptops and it fucking cracks us up! And if I may put forward a personal wich, I'd like to see some photoshop experiments with Fredrik.

Cheers
Mike

I made one its on the second to last page I think!

^Masterful passive agression skills, wwallinga.

What, by directly quoting you I'm being passive? Maybe if I had said, "well some people around here (who shall remain nameless) don't seem to have any problems with personal attacks..." Now, that would have been passive aggressive!

And I wasn't trying to pwn you (a term which I can't stand anyway). I just thought it was funny for you to call out the haters and then tack on some hating of your own. But then you've always been a "do as I say, not as I do" type moderator.

I don't think you're doing a bad job. I just think Moonlapse did a great job and it seemed like when he was moderating, things were more enjoyable around here.

What, by directly quoting you I'm being passive? Maybe if I had said, "well some people around here (who shall remain nameless) don't seem to have any problems with personal attacks..." Now, that would have been passive aggressive!

And I wasn't trying to pwn you (a term which I can't stand anyway). I just thought it was funny for you to call out the haters and then tack on some hating of your own. But then you've always been a "do as I say, not as I do" type moderator.

I don't think you're doing a bad job. I just think Moonlapse did a great job and it seemed like when he was moderating, things were more enjoyable around here.

Well that's why I called it masteful... since the example you just made would qualify as remedial passive agression. It was actually a compliment.... at least on your delivery as opposed to the content. I also hate the pwnt term but it was faster than typing "attempt at insulting". I was being lazy I guess.

I DO resent your "you've always been a "do as I say, not as I do" type moderator" comment however, since I don't conduct myself that way in any aspect of my life.... here or irl. I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking that your statement is true but I'd say my history here says otherwise. I've had my share of insult-filled skull exploding rants here, but they usually were preceeded by a course of events that would try the patience of a saint :saint: and I'm no saint. That being said, I'll take your observation under consideration and see what I can do to improve my moderation style. We'll see if when the forum improves I get credit for that too. As always, suggestions are welcome by me either via PM or right out here in the open.

Cheers!

Eesh, this is just a forum for a band that makes great music that we all love! I don't see the point in this thread...endless flaming and bashing. What the fuck is this subject worth? It's threads like these that bring a downfall to good forums.
While on the current subject, I think your doing a good job Samsara. Your posts seem intelligent and to the point.

Baseless, absurd accusation.

Ok, but you essentially admitted it here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/277644-opeth-bb.html#post5791489
Apparently banning dissidents 'improves the vibe of the place', which basically means less trouble for the mods who have to deal with members of the band upset at paying for a forum where their work is dissed.

Anyway, you have had your fair share of shit posts. Let me jog your memory.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/305843-peter-leaving-9.html#post6179531
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/320764-still-life-mastering-engineering.html#post6350684
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/305843-peter-leaving-9.html#post6178938
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/301833-can-opeth-get-any-bigger-2.html#post6126080

You might take pride in your internet moderation role but smug sarcasm at anyone who criticises the band isn't really facilitating adversarial and constructive discussion, which is generally the best type.

hibernal_dream said:
Ok, but you essentially admitted it. Apparently banning dissidents 'improves the vibe of the place', which basically means less trouble for the mods who have to deal with members of the band upset at paying for a forum where their work is dissed..
I've never banned nor have I threatened to ban anyone simply because they criticized the band or its members.... that's just untrue. The rest of your quote there is clearly trolling, but for the record... I've never had any trouble dealing with Mike. That's amusingly ridiculous actually.

hibernal_dream said:
Anyway, you have had your fair share of shit posts.
I won't dispute that. Shit posts are for the most part a matter of taste and I've never made the claim to be great poster... Howerver:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/305843-peter-leaving-9.html#post6179531 Needed to be said after the :puke: that was being expressed in that thread.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/320764-still-life-mastering-engineering.html#post6350684 Poster basically he'd buy SL if the "error" got fixed. I'd say my sarcasm was well placed.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/305843-peter-leaving-9.html#post6178938 That's simply a fact. Don't know why you think that's a shit post... but ok.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/301833-can-opeth-get-any-bigger-2.html#post6126080 I stand by that one too. I'm not going to let anyone on THIS forum prattle on about how they "heard Lopez was a heroin addict" or other such drivel without some hard evidence. That's slander.

hibernal_dream said:
You might take pride in your internet moderation role but smug sarcasm at anyone who criticises the band isn't really facilitating adversarial and constructive discussion, which is generally the best type.

I understand what you're saying in that I can be smug and sarcastic... but to say that I direct it "at anyone who criticises the band" is just inaccurate. Adversarial discussion is great. Slander is not. Constructive criticism/discussion is great. Inane, incessant negativity makes one grow weary and creates a fine foundation for smug sarcasm... or a push of the "eject" button to save your own sanity. Ask the creator of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.