Popularity and the next album

Mike's and the band's ambition is what really impresses me. I think after 7 stellar albums, we can trust them to stun us yet again. Some of his comments about the next one can only make you drool..."just some beautiful melodies combined with ice-cold ripped metal".

If they're making an album dealing with the occult,there's always the possibility of it being satanic,Akronaes. Would be a first,but I'd welcome it.

Man, Opeth are truly pioneers in what they do. They're phenomenal and I couldn't possibly be MORE excited for this upcoming new album. I love this idea of 3 songs, 2 parts in each - how kick ass can that be. Pretty damn kick ass I say.

Btw, Opeth is definitely becoming more popular, no doubt. So, how DID Deliverance sell and how is Damnation selling? VERY curious. I hear Cradle of Filth's Damnation and a Day sold a whopping 500, 000 copies (for them, it is phenomenal!) But Opeth are so MUCH more talented than Cradle....

Anyway, cheers Opeth! :headbang:

Can you imagine if they do something realy fancy like, have the album so that you can listen to it backwards and get a whole new song? *drools*