Evilest sounding vocals

1)As tame as it may seem to some today, when Scream Bloody Gore first came out Chuck's vocals were very "evil" and, believe it or not, rather unique at the time.
2) Quorthon(early-Bathory)The inventor of the 'modern' Black Metal vocal style - sort of like Cronos from Venom...only that much sicker!
3) Attilla's vocals on "De Mysteriis..." (The song itself) is brilliant - that fucked up moaning gave me the genuine creeps when first I heard it.
*Actually Dead's vocals were pretty intense before he blew his brains out!

Varg (burzum) made me laugh then :eek: when i first heard it, it was funny but crazy. Nearly the same reaction with Nattramn (Silencer)

The reason being i find it funny when peope cry loudly and for ages over getting hurt, like stupid kids and thats what it sounds like, but then it sounds seriously evil aswell, like they are getting tortured.

Quorthon sounds like he could take down satan on "under the sign of the black mark"

their song titles and subject matter kick serious ass too. :kickass:
another british band, with ridiculously long song titles and ambition, is The Meads of Asphodel. they're a favorite of mine also. kind of like Monty Python and the Holy Grail meets the Crusades meets Revelations meets religious fanaticism/terrorism meets all kinds of shit. :kickass:

Metatron's vox are pretty evil.

and Valfar. probably my favorite harsh vocalist ever.

OldScratch said:
1)As tame as it may seem to some today, when Scream Bloody Gore first came out Chuck's vocals were very "evil" and, believe it or not, rather unique at the time.
2) Quorthon(early-Bathory)The inventor of the 'modern' Black Metal vocal style - sort of like Cronos from Venom...only that much sicker!
3) Attilla's vocals on "De Mysteriis..." (The song itself) is brilliant - that fucked up moaning gave me the genuine creeps when first I heard it.
*Actually Dead's vocals were pretty intense before he blew his brains out!
I fucking HATE Attilla. He sounds like Peter Lorre at on Funeral Fog. Worst vocalist EVER. Not scary at all... sounds fucking retarded. His vox ruin an otherwise excellent album.

Authentic Metalhead said:
That sounds intriguing. Album recommendation?
i've yet to hear their new ep, but their 3 full-length albums and the split with Mayhem are all killer, IMO. but it's not for everybody. i know quite a few folks who just don't feel it. but i love it.
you can get some downloads from their website, but the real jewels are on the albums themselves, my favorite album being Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua

ohiogrinder said:
ah, lemme take care of this....first of all, those are death metal bands

second of all, here's some grind bands to check out

Phobia
Cripple Bastards
Assuck
Excruciating Terror
Warsore
Rot
Rotten Sound
Agathocles
Bathtub Shitter

have fun

hi dont remember saying all the bands i listed were grindcore now did i?

eh, not good with name's..

Beherit- Drawing Down the Moon
(genuinely dark, evil vocals. just downloaded the album.)

Silencer- death, Pierce Me
(I laughed hard as hell when I first heard it, sounded like someone beating a bird with a bat. got to give him credit for being unique though.)

Behemoth has kind of dark vocals, but the only time on thought it really stood out was on their cover of a Sarcophago song on Thelema .6, and I figure that was mostly effects. With that said, Sarcophago has some pretty dark vocals for a thrash band

V.V.V.V.V. said:
That too, esp. the fucking beginning of Decade Of Therion...I think I shit myself when I first heard that (when I was getting into metal)!
first song i heard from them was "sculpting the throne ov seth". that song was wickedly evil. i also find erik rutan from hate eternal to be pretty brutal