Expactations for Bodom in the next days/weeks/months/years...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExiraChaoss

\m/SomethingWild\m/
Sep 29, 2009
Lake Bodom
What are your expectations for Bodom?
You can write down what your expectations for their next album is or where they should go on tour or, or, or, bla, bla.
Just tell us. :headbang:

I hope they'll write something better than Bloddrunk, but I don't think they will.

Expect?
I expect them to bring out a 7th studio album which will fail and probably contain some new elements (eg clean vocals).

What I want, is a different issue.

They aren't very high, I can tell you that much lol.

I don't think it will be bad, but I don't think it's going to drop my jaw the Follow The Reaper or any of their first 4 albums did.

There already is a thread about the 7th album and there's interesting stuff there, don't fuck it up k.

Days: Drinking
Weeks: Touring
Months: Writing an album
Years: Growing up and quitting the metal scene =)

No, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do 3 more albums before getting to the point when they have to form families if they still want that in their lifetime. But who knows, maybe Alexi will never stop writing music. If he does, I don't know what he's gonna do with his life. There's of course the possibility of touring less. But maybe in music as intentse as COB you don't keep 5 year holidays and forget about it all and then come back as good.

2013: 8th album
2015: 9th album
[end of current agreement]
2018: 10th album...

By that time the guys will be at their late 30's. Roope probably won't continue that far. So I'm expecting max 3 albums from them anymore. That's enough to validate their status as the most important musical act right next to Mozart etc. in case Alexi stays out of further trouble and still has the ability to transfer feelings into music. He isn't just the guy who does the song writing part, he has a gift. It's gonna be interesting to see how Alexi wants to shock the world with the last album, squeeze out his last musical ideas for COB.. it could be wild.

Maybe in ten years they'll be living a normal family life in LA and when their neighbour asks them what brought you here, they'll say Well, we once had this band thing, you know and as they're grilling sausages no-one knows what epic life they've had with all those intense shows.

I see another injury coming... -.-

how many times over the years have we heard him say "I'm seriously done with that shit dude, I could have fucked my whole career up, ya know?"

couple months later it's "I was fucking super trashed dude, and I was (insert translation here) acting like a complete jackass and broke another bone... ya know?"

I dont think alexi knows what's best for himself. Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but drinking beer every or almost every day is seriously fucked up

Yeah, it's one thing to say things need to change, and then to actually do it, and I don't see him changing which is really sad, but oh well I guess.

gig in Warsaw!
And of course some more melodic and neoclassical stuff in their songs (I don't want Something Wild #2 though). Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda bored with those ya yaows all the time, also whole Blooddrunk CD sounds pretty similar to me - in previous record almost every one track had its own melody, riff or something which made it unique among the others.

In reality, I see more broken bones, alcohol related problems, Alexi's hairline even further back, gay sex tape of alexi and janne leaked, great guitar playing, and more albums that still don't live up to the first 4.

Yep

:yow: :yow:

Status
Not open for further replies.