Experiencing 'Pale Horse' in Correct Order for first time...

Hey there Oinkness, this is Larry, the guitarist. Hope that clears that up :)

About shirts, yeah sometimes we do print bigger sizes, we try to do that as often as possible. Sometimes it's hard to get our hands on the really big sizes like 4X and 5X but we do when we can. We get a fair amount of people interested in the oversized shirts too, so it's not uncommon.

As for making money off the shirts, yes technically we make a larger profit margin on them than we do with cds. However we pay alot to have them made as well, and the money to get them made has to come from somewhere initially. Usually the money we use to invest in making shirts and stuff like that, comes from our cd sales. So you see, no cd profits, no money to make shirts, and so on. We do pay money out of our own pockets for stuff of course, but we can only do that so much when we have families and homes and bills and stuff that obviously has to come first at this point. Any profit we make, from cds or t-shirts or whatever, all goes right back into the band to make more t-shirts, etc.

I know alot of people will try to justify the illegal downloading by saying they support bands by going to see them live when they tour, and buying a t-shirt, and so on. That's all cool, and appreciated, but the fact of the matter is that the money needed to finance a tour and finance making merchandise, comes largely from cd sales. The label offers us support of course, but it's all recoupable, meaning that they don't just give us free money, it's all got to be paid back with profits from cd sales. If we don't sell enough cds, we don't recoup, and suddenly we're in deep shit.

For us, we do this because we love playing and writing music and we get a charge out of it. But like it or not, we're part of the music business, and it is a business no differently than any other business. If there are bands out there that choose to do things a different way and are willing and able to give away their music for free, that's great, more power to them. But it should be up to the artist to make that choice, not for someone else to just choose to make your music free for everyone.

Anyhow, enough about that. If you're genuinely interested in picking up a shirt from us, we'll be happy to let you and everyone else know when we have new shirts available to sell, and we'll keep specific size requests in mind for sure.

Aww well, it's good you guys still are small enough to talk to your fans, and that's awesome! I remember when I used to actually talk to people like Mikael Akerfeldt, and Daniel Gildenlow through email and that was really awesome, but now those two people are very popular and superbusy. If PayPal will let us send money from a credit card without saving the information of the card to our account (we don't want it saved on there for security reasons) then I will DEFINITELY be getting a 4X shirt when you get them in! And you guys could autograph it! I'd probably sweat the ink off though, haha.... Maybe I could get two, one to save, and one to wear.... hmmm.... Do you guys in the band ever wear November's Doom shirts when playing live, or even just walking around town?

LOL Paul

Vito and Joe occasionally wear their ND hoodies. Paul and I rarely wear our own merch. Neither one of us are big on wearing band shirts of any kind much these days, except on occasion. And we definitely don't wear band shirts onstage.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
LOL Paul

Vito and Joe occasionally wear their ND hoodies. Paul and I rarely wear our own merch. Neither one of us are big on wearing band shirts of any kind much these days, except on occasion. And we definitely don't wear band shirts onstage.

Good, you don't want to look like TRIVIUM!

I didn't get the backhand joke! I never give guitarists the back of my hand, even if they do something very naughty or miss the litter box in the small cage I usually keep them in.... ;)