"EXPOSURES - In retrospect and denial": Double CD released on the 24th of May

DeepInMisery said:
I was actually a bit disappointed that Misery In Me is not the clean vocal version, the one we've heard from Live Projector :cry:
:erk:

what about the projector session leftover song? any clean vocals there?

yes, I´m sticking to the release date.

I'm probably the last person on earth to notice this but I haven't been able to listen to "Exposures" before, since I only got it today. And I didn't read any threads on the album here because I wanted to hear it "unspoilt". Now, on my copy the tracks "Misery In Me" and "In Sight" are apparently given in the wrong order in the track listing. Number 3 should be "Misery In Me" when in fact it is "In Sight". And as Number 4 comes the real "Misery In Me" then. Is that a known mistake? Just to make sure.

Well these Errors are well known by other century media DT releases, but I dont think they will give the buyers the chance to change exposures like they did with the DDcd
(I still have my original with the bad songenings)
anyway Exposures is another great DT release, but the only things I miss are more lost tracks from the older OsmoserRecords albums(A lot of coverversions)
But Im happy that Osmose doesnt release each year new versions of their old albums like Regain Records do it with Lunar Strain and Subterreanean of In Flames

solefald said:
Im happy that Osmose doesnt release each year new versions of their old albums like Regain Records do it with Lunar Strain and Subterreanean of In Flames

Well the reason for that is simple, Osmose would lose money cos no one
wants to buy their copy protected crap, no matter what band it is.

What we need is a nice boycott for those french assholes.

As far as I know they have stopped using their copy protection already. And I think the re-releases of The Gallery and The Mind's I in the US will be handled by Century media. They will also have the "missing" cover songs and the videos for Hedon and Zodijackyl light.

i don't think he's full of shit. actually, some of the opinions about the live disc i find quite accurate, even though people should be reminded more often that disc two is a bonus supplement to the release, not the main course, and should therefore be seen as something more to put on your stereo coming in the same package as exposures.

as for the review of the other material, i cringed at the invitation to abandon the "monotonous growls" (wtf?), but the rest is almost flattering considering we're talking b-sides.

That review angered me... That guy needs to eat kirb. I hate the way he says things about DT like it's fact. He declares that they are dull... WTF

About the live disc... He quite rightly points out its in poland... and then he says THERE IN, SUN FIRED BLANKS, HAVEN etc were crappy and boring!!! What the hell. I don't understand why you people don't find that live CD inspirational, beautiful and most of all a fookin good listen. It's a perfect recording of all DT's best songs thrown on to a disc. Its a god send in my opinion. What's everyones problem with it? I can't watch the DVD on the bus or when Im going for a walk... but I can listen to the live disc given as a generous extra to this beautiful package.

He said a few good things about the first seven tracks but as Rahve said the Growling comment has got my blood pressure sky high!!! The reviewer shouldnt be allowed near DT material. He doesn't deserve to be graced by its heavenly beauty. He's gonna get paid for that aswell (as Erik pointed out)... If justice exists he'll get gang raped on the way to cashing his fat cheque!

I hate cyber waste... thats all we are :(

I just got around to reading the review on blabbermouth. Only one good thing to say about that - read the user comments. At least everyone who's ever heard of DT has at least something nice to say :D

~Kov. (don't worry dave, i'll read yours too)