So now, what do you think of "Exposures"?

OK, Exposures is finally released and I got it in a store today. Right now, I give it a first listen and reached "In Sight", track no. 4 on the first CD. Because of that, I can't yet tell you what my overall impression is, of course, but my first one is quite good!

So, to all the "normal" DT-fans here (the ones which didn't have a chance to listen to it before today): What do you think? What are your favorites? Anything to complain about? What do you think of the booklet? (I think it's great!)

Only 6 days until I'll watch DT again! :hotjump:

Greetz... Daniel (who just reached "cornered")

Finally I have my own song (see signature), I'm so moved Stanne would think of
me while writing that song :oops:

I am giving it a first spin during my lunch, but have to go in 8min and leave it here.

I love the booklet, especially the autographs on the cover, sweeet :D

Salamurhaaja said:
Finally I have my own song (see signature), I'm so moved Stanne would think of
me while writing that song :oops:
*wheedeee* and a new title :D ...... :p

I don´t know what I think of Exposures, cuz I don´t have it. But someone must show me the booklet for once, so I can see all the board-members which are somehow involved in the design. :)

I'm listening to the first song of disc I right now so I can't really say :p But I'm pleased so far :D
Although I dare not touch the booklet because my fingers have already smeared the signatures :erk:

I think it is brilliant. The best rarities-compilaton ever released by any band. You can tell that they've gone the extra mile with the packaging as well. as for the music there is no need to comment beyond saying that it is typical Dark Tranquillity standard.

I do have to say that this is truly a great release, much better
than those "Best Of..." things most bands release as celebration
for how-ever-many years.

And as if having the demos and unreleased tracks on one CD
wasn't enough, there is also a bonus live CD, for people with
no DVD players.
(or if you wish to lug it around in your portable player).

And of course the booklet is excellent, their best most definetly.

All in all DT scores huge points for all this, I'd say 9/10 with the
little note that I have never seen anything worth 10/10 :)
Must have for any fan and excellent for new fans to get to know
a wide variety of stuff and live stuff too.

@Tranquillian: "typical DT standart" - but a high standart it is, surely!

@Salamur: I think it's great for anyone... Someone not knowing DT yet will listen to the second CD and find all classics on one Disk, someone like us will love the first one because he/she gets unreleased songs never heard before (although I own the Demo and the "Moonclad"-EP, they won't be played again to save them!).

Right now listening to it for the 6th time or so...

I will buy the album.
I did download a few tracks from Exposures... which were really good. And I could totally understand that those songs don't really fit in the context of DT's regular albums.
"Misery in Me" was on my playlist... playing non-stop.

can you believe i'm so stupid i had completely forgotten about it being released and yesterday i would have had no problems at all buying it? :err:

yeah, i'm sure you can. :p

I just recognized a mistake on the backcover of "Exposures": it sais the following
01 static
02 the poison well
03 misery in me
04 in sight

But the following order is correct:
01 static
02 the poison well
03 in sight
04 misery in me

So, "in sight" and "misery in me" will have to change places. The texts in the booklet are in correct order. Did anyone recognize this before or am I first here? (which would make me a little proud... :D )

i haven't seen the final back cover yet. if it's like you say this sucks muchly.

@miolo: andrea still doesn't have it. i'll let you know when it's available and get you a copy.

Miolo said:
can you believe i'm so stupid i had completely forgotten about it being released and yesterday i would have had no problems at all buying it? :err:
Uh, can you believe I was so stupid that I had completely forgotten it was the 24th of May yesterday... And I don't even have a decent record-store near me. :erk:

I think I got to go looking for some online stores that ship quickly...

-Villain (with alzheimer disease)