EXPOSURES: Opinions and denials...

Ok that was a crap cheesy thread title :loco:

Look out Rahvin I'm getting obsessed with DT, i might post here more often!

Anyway, getting to the point... heard exposures for the first time today, what can I say? Its fucking awesome. Buy it now! BUY TEN COPIES EACH!

It'd be worth buying it for either disc but both together is enough to make a poor witchfynder swoon. :)

The live disc is blooming awesome on its own and some of these rare tracks are absolutely awesomely mind blowing.

Good job guys, looking forward to the new one even more now. :worship:

i'd be honoured to see you post more often: an obsession with dt is very, very healthy. :)

so, let's hear some opinions on this record, the unreleased tracks, the old demos... everything.

It's going to be released on the 24th according to Ginza, so must
wait until then to order it and Chaosbreed's Brutal :D

I haven't heard the outtakes yet but I own the demo and the EP so - as most here already know probably - these are nice songs but can't be compared to the great ones of the last... 10 (?!?)... years. Although I think they still didn't reach their highest creativity point (as - to my mind - DD is their best album, followed by Haven and The Mind's I). I' looking forward to Exposures but I'm REALLY looking forward to the new album (anf after Haven I've said that this record can't be beaten, by any band, and DT did, so why not do this again, guys?). :worship:

btw.: Cob ARE great (but of course not as great as DT :headbang: )

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
In Sight <-- Nice clean vocals projector style. Was this an outtake? If so why goddamit why?!
it was an outtake from the haven period. the reason it didn't make it to the album are in fact the clean vocals: in the end the band decided that a single song with clean vox on the record would have stood out too much. plus they maybe wanted it all to sound more agressive.

King Chaos said:
I thought "emptier still" Had clean Vox? Ill listen later and check.
i think it's technically considered distorted, even though i admit there's some whispered parts that are not growls.

I thought it came out in like three weeks (at least over here in the uk)?
of course. but it's leaked over teh internet, as usual, and that's how some have already heard it.

King Chaos said:
BETTER STILL BUY IT THOUGH... I HATE PIRATES!
i tend to assume that the vast majority of those who download the record and like it, will go and buy it. those who download the record and don't like it, wouldn't have bought it without hearing it first anyway.

rahvin said:
i think it's technically considered distorted, even though i admit there's some whispered parts that are not growls.
whispered parts? :err:
ok, a slight distortion, but I´ve never even considered the thought that the singing in the secrets in here... and emptier still... parts should be anything else than clean vocals.

not that I mind, but I still think the reason for the outtake was a bit strange.

EDIT: oh, and on a side note, I think the title track verse vocals has significantly more of a whispery character...

rahvin said:

of course. but it's leaked over teh internet, as usual, and that's how some have already heard it.
Well that not really wrong, but gorwls are technically natural Overdrive, its the same principle as a tube being pushed hard and breaking up I suppose.

Yeah it has leaked, and whichever ass ripped it did a horrid job and covered the recording in clipping and various other scuzz. I shall be buying it ASAP as it is well worth the money.

rahvin said:
it was an outtake from the haven period. the reason it didn't make it to the album are in fact the clean vocals: in the end the band decided that a single song with clean vox on the record would have stood out too much. plus they maybe wanted it all to sound more agressive.
Hmmm I suppose. Projector was really broken up clean/growled -wise. I don't really like Haven that much except for "The Wonders..." which is obviously an anthem. :cool:

Funny thing is, me and buddy got the DJ at this club to play that every week for almost a year... lots of people asked him what it was too... maybe we won DT some new fans. :)

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Yeah it has leaked, and whichever ass ripped it did a horrid job and covered the recording in clipping and various other scuzz. I shall be buying it ASAP as it is well worth the money.
this sucks. :mad: i didn't need to download the leaked version, so i haven't. but i was hoping for something more professional from one of the popular groups of releasers. it is debatable whether the spreading of mp3s prior to the release date does any harm to sales, but poor rips are certainly a bad thing. let's hope a proper rip will appear in a while.